“Three Pines View is perfect for 'foodies'!”
Review of Three Pines View

Three Pines View
Ranked #2 of 2 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2012

What a totally wonderful experience - just what I wanted it to be, in spite of the rain! We found the new guest kitchen to be perfectly supplied for all of our dinner cooking and grilling needs - dinner on the patio was grand. We shouldn't have brought our fresh herbs, since gardeners Steve and Diane also grow many of these on the property. Although we love to cook, it was especially nice to be waited on hand and foot with the huge delicious breakfast prepared by the loving hands of Steve and Diane. I recommend that you just go to Three Pines View for R&R and listen to the quiet!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Beauty and Blessed are the two experiences that I was not expecting with this visit to Three Pines View - yet, were present in every turn and every passing thought: The BEAUTY of the mountain view setting and the natural surroundings this ecofriendly lodge is positioned on as it's it's always been there and part of its earthly home, The BEAUTY of the rooms surpassed any experience I have had at any hotel or luxury accommodation to date. The BEAUTY of the colors and the smells of the gourmet breakfast I almost felt too humbled to break into! I cannot explain how "blessed" I felt just first laying my eyes on this property - it was just far more than my imagination could have taken me. How "blessed" I felt to watch my children run around and enjoy nature the way I remembered growing up and always longed to pass down to my children. How "blessed" I felt to be taken care of, truly cared about, by the owners of this facility - a stranger that felt nothing less than family. This experience, this B and B, is beautifully blessed...and so am I, and my family, for the opportunity to be a part of it! Thank you Steve and Diane. We will most certainly be back and God Bless you, too!

Room Tip: All have beautiful porches outside of the rooms and all but one with mountain views...but there just...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

If you go to only one B & B in your life, this is the place! The owners, Steve and Diane, are not only the friendliest people I have ever encountered, but they are genuinely the kindest couple that make sure everything, down to the smallest detail, is perfect for you and your stay. If you want a relaxing weekend (or week), no other place will compare to the beauty & amazing ambience of Three Pines View!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Three Pines View for a weekend getaway and loved it! The amenities were great, and we really enjoyed just hanging out on the property. The bed was luxurious and plush. The bathtub made me feel like a princess, and I was looking up how to get one in my house after using it. Steve and Diane were so nice, and great to talk to. Our room, Bear Hug, had a great view of the blue ridge mountains, and I saw an incredible sunrise! I would definitely recommend coming here for a getaway!

Room Tip: I looked at all of the rooms while we were there, and they were actually all great. The loft is a go...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I just spent the best weekend on a spur of the moment get away that I can remember. The owners, Diane and Steve were so sweet and accommodating that it only made our visit that much better. We love Lake Jocassee and were concerned about finding somewhere nice to stay close enough that would be romantic and relaxing. Three Pines was the best of all worlds--luxury, hospitality, excellent food and beautiful views. We know it will be somewhere we will go back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated. They spent the money to do everything fi...
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I just spent a wonderful weekend at Three Pines View. This is our third visit in three years. This Bed and Breakfast is located on a hillside a couple of miles from Lake Jocassee and about 23 miles from Cashiers, N.C. The facility is luxurious, spotless, and has great views. The owners, Steve and Diane, are wonderful hosts. Steve is a master chef. The rooms are private and each has its own porch for relaxing, reading, and looking at the mountains in the distance. My wife and I have had a great experience each time we stayed. The first time, we rented a boat and spent the day on the lake. The next two times, we drove to Cashiers and spent the day looking around and shopping.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We can't say enough about this B+B. The rooms are beautiful and clean. Steve and Diane are wonderful hosts and Steve makes the BEST breakfast ever. That alone is worth the price of admission. The setting is quiet, lush and if you're not used to enjoying hummingbirds with your morning meal, then you're in for a real treat. This was our second stay and won't be our last.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and if your travels bring you anywhere near Salem, SC then this is THE P...
1  Thank Alan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
The Park On Main Hotel
#6 of 7 in Highlands
The Chandler Inn
The Chandler Inn
#5 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Three Pines View? Share your experiences!