“Lucky Find!”
Review of Three Pines View

Three Pines View
Ranked #2 of 2 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Three Pines View with another couple for the recent Georgia vs Clemson football game. Frankly, I stumbled across this property as I was getting desperate to find accommodations for the huge football game. Well...I will say that it may have been my luckiest find of all time. The property is outstanding in every way and Steve & Diane are just the most lovely people you will ever find. The food was excellent and only rivaled by the atmosphere to enjoy it. Additionally, the surrounding area is just gorgeous with pristine lakes and mountains as a backdrop. We took a half day and drove up to Cashiers and the Highlands to have lunch and take in the local environment and shopping...it was a treat. I enthusiastically recommend Three Pines View and would go back myself in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Bear Hug has a great view as it is on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Three Pines View

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We absolutely love this area with the pristine lakes and beautiful mountains. I was very excited to visit Three Pines View because the only accommodations I had previously stayed in in this area was a tent at Devil's Fork State Park. My husband and I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels and I can honestly say Three Pines View lacked nothing the well known 5 stars have and the hospitality afforded us by Diane and Steve was second to none. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning and one rainy afternoon Steve prepared us a spur of the moment lunch of burgers, fries, and salad with a banana split to top it off!! We stayed at the lodge the entire time and felt so refreshed and recharged upon our departure. There is a parking area for boats or motorcraft if you want to enjoy the lakes and they also have rentals available. Beautiful lodge and people... We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: The second floor rooms offer the best views but our room was on the ground floor and we loved it and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I work in the hotel industry and this has been the first review I have ever written. Mostly because I keep many negative thoughts to myself, as I am very particular. However, I have the pleasure of writing this positive review and that thrills me. Upon check in you can tell how relaxed and friendly the owners are as well as the guests staying there. Diane took the time to show us around our room and had fresh ice ready to go in the wine cooler. The bed was Very comfortable and sheets were crisp and clean. The balcony off the room looked out to a mountain view and was a great place to enjoy some beverages. The best part of this whole stay was Steve's Food! Amazing, fresh, creative and I could go on. This man has talent. They are so warm and friendly, you almost feel like you've been friend for years. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of the hard work they put in to ensure you are having a good time or if you need anything they will try and make it happen. A little tip - If you are a hiker, there are some fantastic trails, our trip to Table Rock was top notch. Thank you Steve and Diane for making our weekend getaway a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Try to get a 2nd floor room, the views are great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugs113
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I had the most relaxing stay here. The location is perfect due to the proximity to lake jocassee and devils fork state park. The best part of our stay was the service Steve provided with renting their boat, which is the best way to see the lake. The view from our porch was amazing, spending mornings drinking coffee followed by the gourmet breakfast. We also enjoyed cooking in the guest kitchen, which is very convenient. The rooms are luxury in the mountain setting. Steve and Diane were a delight to talk to and made you feel at home. Perfect getaway weekend for our baby moon!! Thanks again!

Room Tip: They all have great views! We stayed in captains quarters and loved our view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Oh how sweet it is. This is the most spectacular Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed in. The experience is more in line with staying in a private villa/cottage with spectacular views than a bed and breakfast! The rooms are very spacious with a small refrigerator, fireplace, and to top it off separate indoor and private outdoor sitting areas. The detail in the design and décor should be featured in a magazine. We have now stayed in 4 of the 5 rooms that are available and I cannot say which one I like best…they are all 5 STAR! I see that 3 Pines View is rated #2 but there is NO way…I wonder what they base this rating on? I suspect it is the number of total reviews and amount of time in business, because there can’t possibly be anything better unless they have just been in business longer and have more total reviews! The husband and wife team are AMAZING and run a first class, 5 Star experience! This is a hidden treasure that I cannot believe we found. It is just minutes from both Lake Keowee and Jocassee!

Room Tip: We have now stayed in 4 of the 5 rooms that are available and I cannot say which one I like best…the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Absolutely spectacular, every detail is perfect. The lodge is warm and comfortable, the owners friendly and extremely helpful, and the rooms are luxurious. It is a short distance away from beautiful lakes and spectacular waterfalls.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My wife and I went to stay at Three Pines View this past week-end . All that we can say is that we have found our favourite getaway from home . We have travelled the world and stayed at many B & B s and safari lodges in Africa and hotels . Three Pines View is deinitely in my top 3 choices , bar none . The hospitality is true Southern style , warm and welcome .

The rooms decor and decor is well thought and laid out . The view from the top of the steps just makes you stand in awe and look at the mountains . Steve prepared us an awesome breakfast . Our 2 daughters ( 1 yr and 4 yr ) loved the fresh strawberries and blueberries they gave us for our room and breakfast . We have already referred friends of ours to them for a quiet week-end getaway .
We surely love everything about the Lodge . We just can't wait to go back in the Fall and winter , to use their fireplaces and enjoy the view over the mountains .

Once again thank you Steve and Diane and your assistant for an awesome Saturday evening stay at your place .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gervaise_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
The Park On Main Hotel
#6 of 7 in Highlands
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Been to Three Pines View? Share your experiences!