“Hidden Hideaway”
Review of Three Pines View

Three Pines View
Ranked #2 of 2 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I, along with friends, thankfully found Three Pines View for the 2013 Labor Day weekend! The experience at Three Pines View was peaceful, relaxing, restful, and the location was perfect for our weekend adventures. Our morning chats with owners Diane & Steve over an amazing breakfast was a great start to each day! We typically do not stay at B&B's but this was not your usual B&B. We can't wait to go back someday, and I highly recommend that everyone stay a weekend or longer. I'd rate them higher than 5 stars if given the chance!

Room Tip: We took a "peep" at all the rooms and all are equally beautiful! You can't go wrong...

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband found this on a quick visit to Trip Advisor and they had one vacancy for that Sat. Night. This is NOT your usual B & B. it's much better. More like a small luxury hotel/ B& B . Everything was top notch. Beautiful rooms with views, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, Marble & tile baths, wet bar , frig. That was all great. The linens , towels, furnishings A+. Then the food .....a lavish gourmet breakfast with organic parts & flair. Definitely done by a good chef.btw the Chef will fix a special dinner for u if planned
Right next to all the scenic mountain drives to venture out upon. Tons of lakes, hiking, all nearby. Ran up to Cashiers, NC for a fabulous dinner and back to the hotel . Very Quiet. One note : if accessibility is a need, the get one of the suites with 2-3 steps up. Or you can use their professional kitchen and fix your own. Never seen anything that gracious at a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The hospitality was excellent!! The mountain view was spectacular!! The Captain's Quarters was a great room!! The food was outstanding!! Everything was well kept, clean and well decorated!! Katie and I will be coming back in the future for another anniversary getaway!!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Three Pines View for a weekend getaway... alone! I agree with 'Lucky Find!' because I don't believe I've stayed anywhere nicer and had no idea what to look for at the start of my search. The accommodations were great: clean, new and well decorated. Diane was 100% flexible with check-in arrangements and always accommodating. Our breakfast each morning was 5-star quality and Diane even packed one to go for us being we had plans that day starting at 7:30am. We trout fished and toured Lake Jocassee one day and the lake was gorgeous with waterfalls to play in and rocks to jump from. I enjoyed every bit of the trip and I will return and recommend Three Pines to family and friends.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Three Pines View with another couple for the recent Georgia vs Clemson football game. Frankly, I stumbled across this property as I was getting desperate to find accommodations for the huge football game. Well...I will say that it may have been my luckiest find of all time. The property is outstanding in every way and Steve & Diane are just the most lovely people you will ever find. The food was excellent and only rivaled by the atmosphere to enjoy it. Additionally, the surrounding area is just gorgeous with pristine lakes and mountains as a backdrop. We took a half day and drove up to Cashiers and the Highlands to have lunch and take in the local environment and shopping...it was a treat. I enthusiastically recommend Three Pines View and would go back myself in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Bear Hug has a great view as it is on the second floor.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We absolutely love this area with the pristine lakes and beautiful mountains. I was very excited to visit Three Pines View because the only accommodations I had previously stayed in in this area was a tent at Devil's Fork State Park. My husband and I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels and I can honestly say Three Pines View lacked nothing the well known 5 stars have and the hospitality afforded us by Diane and Steve was second to none. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning and one rainy afternoon Steve prepared us a spur of the moment lunch of burgers, fries, and salad with a banana split to top it off!! We stayed at the lodge the entire time and felt so refreshed and recharged upon our departure. There is a parking area for boats or motorcraft if you want to enjoy the lakes and they also have rentals available. Beautiful lodge and people... We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: The second floor rooms offer the best views but our room was on the ground floor and we loved it and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I work in the hotel industry and this has been the first review I have ever written. Mostly because I keep many negative thoughts to myself, as I am very particular. However, I have the pleasure of writing this positive review and that thrills me. Upon check in you can tell how relaxed and friendly the owners are as well as the guests staying there. Diane took the time to show us around our room and had fresh ice ready to go in the wine cooler. The bed was Very comfortable and sheets were crisp and clean. The balcony off the room looked out to a mountain view and was a great place to enjoy some beverages. The best part of this whole stay was Steve's Food! Amazing, fresh, creative and I could go on. This man has talent. They are so warm and friendly, you almost feel like you've been friend for years. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of the hard work they put in to ensure you are having a good time or if you need anything they will try and make it happen. A little tip - If you are a hiker, there are some fantastic trails, our trip to Table Rock was top notch. Thank you Steve and Diane for making our weekend getaway a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Try to get a 2nd floor room, the views are great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugs113
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
The Park On Main Hotel
#5 of 7 in Highlands
Fire Mountain Inn
Fire Mountain Inn
#1 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Three Pines View? Share your experiences!