“Awesome Tour of Jocassee Lake!”

Jocassee Lake Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Salem
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Brooks took my son, grandson and I on a tour of Lake Jocassee. We had never been to this area before and had a limited amount of time, so we decided to go with one of their tours of the lake. It was so much more than I expected. We learned about the history of the area, construction of the dams and the lake itself as well as how protected the area is as the majority of the property surrounding the lake is owned by the State. He brought us to great swimming spots, waterfalls and a place for my grandson to catch a fish! It was so beautiful that I plan to return before year end. If possible, I would like to go on the tour with them again. Brooks even pointed out Whitewater Falls and gave us directions. It was the last thing we did on our way out of town. My grandson says "best trip EVER!" Thank you Jocassee Lake Tours for a lovely vacation and great memories.

1  Thank patstnt0721
"pontoon boat"
in 9 reviews
"four hours"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"upper lake"
"different seasons"
"well worth the cost"
"full moon rising"
"bring lunch"
"plant life"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"south carolina"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This company is the perfect mixture of impressive professionalism and southern charm. I was part of a Meet-Up group of four couples that camped in the primitive area of Devil's Fork State Park. Amanda set up our camping arrangements with clear and informative emails in advance, and then camped with us. Brooks met us promptly at 9:00 the following morning, bringing the boat in right below our tents. He ferried us across the lake to a hiking trail, where Amanda led the group on a 4.5 hour hike to the pick-up point. I was the group wimp, eschewing the hike in favor of some free time with a book, but Brooks appeared genuinely fine with the alternative arrangement of dropping me off and coming back for me alone. After the hike, we were treated to a leisurely boat tour highlighted by waterfalls. After dinner, we went out again to experience sunset on the water, first touring even more hidden areas with an emphasis on the trees and flowers and birds this time around. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we immediately started making plans to return with our grandchildren. Brooks has a true talent for teaching without preaching. I loved his off-the-cuff observations and storytelling, and can hardly wait to return.

2  Thank Ju_JuAthens_Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Four of us were staying near Lake Jocassee in mid-November and wanted to see the Gorges and waterfalls and birds. Decided there was too much to see and too little time to kayak to the sights, so we looked for boat rentals and discovered we could get a guided tour for the price of a rental and gas - Decision made! Brooks Wade of Jocassee Lake Tours was just what you would want in a nature guide. Good storyteller, extremely knowledgeable about the lake and the gorges, the flora and fauna and history. It was like spending a couple of hours with a good friend. We will definitely be back to Lake Jocassee and book another tour with Jocassee Lake Tours.

1  Thank Mountaineer4ever
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Enjoyed a nice pontoon boat ride to trailhead. History of area and lake accurate and interesting. 5 mile challenging hike through beautiful terrain. Boat ride back with a few scenic areas with waterfalls. Hike has many steps so be prepared. Hiking poles suggested.

1  Thank Carolyn C
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our family of 7 adults took the 4 hour waterfall viewing tour on one of the most perfect of fall days. Sans colored leaves, but they might have just been distracting! It was sensory overload as it was. Stunningly beautiful place; I will never forget it and look forward to returning one day. Brooks was very informative, knowledgeable and accommodating. Pearl came to the aid of those of us who were in vacation-induced pet withdrawal. When our four hours were up I wished we could just keep going as I'm sure everyone does!

1  Thank Purr512