“Great Value, Wonderful room”
Review of Knights Inn Santee

Knights Inn Santee
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Santee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 April 2011

No smell to the room. It was beautifully decorated. Had a microwave and a mini fridge. The bathroom was very clean, tub was spotless. The bed was very comfortable, slept like a baby. Super great value and great place to stay traveling thu. WiFi worked super!! Surrounded by Cracker Barrel, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's. Offers coffee in am. I will definitely stay here on long trips to Florida. Right off Interstate 95. Super convienient. Great restaurant down street called "Coasters."

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dizzi52
Neal P, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2011

This was a very nice Motel 6. A large, quiet room with a comfortable bed, including a good sized fridge with a freezer, in a nice area at a good price.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bern666
Neal P, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Reviewed 9 September 2010

We recently stayed here two nights while visiting family. We used to stay when this hotel was Baymont. Motel 6 doesn't offer shampoo, conditioner, lotion, iron, coffeemaker, etc like other chains, but their pricing shows you aren't paying for these extras so I don't understand when people complain cause they aren't there. At this particular motel, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. We travel with our small dog and they didn't charge a pet fee as many other chains do.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to stay here again during our visits to Santee.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica1Tennessee
Motel6_4407Manager, Manager at Knights Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Thank you for choosing the Motel 6 in Santee. We appreciate your business and your review on Tripadvisor. We take great pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations combined with the value you have come to expect from Motel 6.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2010

My wife and 2 kids stayed here to save some money on the way to Florida on August 22, 2010. Let me just say OH MY GOD!!! There was mold on the walls behind the nightstand and beds. There was a gooey brown substance on the wall behind the nightstand below the light. We found 2 roaches. One alive and one dead near the sink on the floor. I called the desk to mention this and she said they were Palmetto bugs not roaches. I looked up Palmetto bugs on the laptop right after I spoke with her and Palmetto Bugs are COCKROACHES WITH WINGS!!!!! The carpet was damp and dirty. Near the front door the wall was weak like the fixed it with cardboard and put wallpaper over it. There was no remote to the TV. The bathroom door had masking tape holding it on the bottom. One bed had a few long hairs in it and spots on the pillow that looked fresh. It's as if they didn't change the bedding from the people before!!! AND THE POOL? It was dark green and looked like a swamp.....Look at the pictures I posted of this motel. This place should be shut down. I left a note for VIVIAN because they told me they couldn't give me a refund of any kind without authorization from Vivian. She never called me o this matter and I left her my cell #. They also had a dog out in the lobby which to me was unsanitary. Check out my pictures....STAY AWAY, TRUST ME!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank BDOUG23

I would like to take a moment to thank the author of this review for their candid feedback and to apologize for the experience that they had. We are now under new ownership and new management and have completed a thorough inspection of all hotel facilities, rooms, and procedures. As a result of this process we have addressed all of the issues in this review as follows.
1. Hired a professional pest control company to treat and maintain the property.
2. Completed a thorough deep cleaning of all rooms and hotel facilities and instituted more rigid housekeeping standards to ensure a comfortable experience for all of our guests.
3. Contracted a pool maintenance company to maintain our pool during swimming season.

The new ownership and management appreciates the feedback of all guests and has worked diligently to prevent any future guests from having an experience like this again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2010

We arrived exhausted from driving all night and we were early for check inn. Vivian was welcoming and sympathetic to our fatigue. She and her staff did all that they could to make us comfortable. Thank you all for giving rest to the weary travelers. We would definitely come here again. KUDOS!!!
Even their dog, Harley came from the back of the desk to wag her tail at us!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KFamily2010

Reviewed 28 May 2010

I recently traveled to Florida and stayed at the Motel 6 at Santee, SC. The room was comfortable and clean. Towels were a little thin. Motel was within walking distance of Cracker Barrel. Coffee offered at the office was not the best, but there are other fast food restaurants nearby if you want a better cup of coffee. I would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TCCC

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 7 June 2009

All I can say is GROSS. Had an accident on I95 and I was stuck. They excepted pets so, I had to stay. The room was dirty and old. I didn't want my dogs to walk on the carpet. I had no cell phone, lost it in the accident and front desk kept shutting off my phone calls from family and friends. They keep a poor baby German Shephard Dog in a cage all day and night in the front lobby for protection. If the dog is in a cage, how could it protect you! Ignorant, low class staff. Front desk NASTY to me and the people that were calling to support me.They only served coffee in the lobby and even that sucked.

Unless you have to, don't.

• Stayed: May 2009

We apologize for your inconvenience. We will take every step to correct the problem & look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
#12 of 13 in Santee
Days Inn Summerton
Days Inn Summerton
#1 of 2 in Summerton

Been to Knights Inn Santee? Share your experiences!