“Watch what you order and who you order from”
Review of Captains Quarters

Captains Quarters
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Santee
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2013

While staying in Santee with friends we decided check out some of the local eateries. After checking the tripadvisor reviews we decided on Captain's Quarters. The restaurant was fairly crowded so we felt our selection was a wise one. Unfortunately, right from the start things began to (excuse the pun) go south.

Our waitress seemed bothered that she had a party of six to wait on. She quickly rattled off the specials,(while chewing gum or something else), took our drink orders and disappeared. Several minutes later she returned with our drinks and with an I don't care attitude, while still chewing whatever took our orders.

The meals arrived within a reasonable time, however, they were literally dumped in front of us. The cocktail and tarter sauce that came with the meal were in individual containers and our waitress easily managed to drop three of them on the floor.

Three of us ordered the grouper and in my many years of travel I have never seen such a small, thin and tasteless piece of fish. Even blackened it remained tasteless. We all agreed that they substituted the grouper for tilapia.

We did see our waitress once still chewing and walking when she asked how our meals were. Getting her attention would have taken a miracle so we kind of finished our dinners and waited and did I mention waited for our check. Never checked to find out if we wanted coffee or desert instead she just disappeared.

A member of our party left the table to find our waitress, however, she was no where in sight. Finally she found someone to locate our waitress and she showed up ten minutes later with our checks. Total waiting time was approximately twenty-five minutes.

So, in summary, if you order the grouper good luck and if Queen is your waitress I recommend changing tables. To be honest, you would probably get a better meal and service at Cracker Barrel for a lot less money!

3  Thank Logistics04

Reviewed 12 October 2013

MY husband and I went to eat here because of the good reviews. The food was very good and the service was even better. We went back the next night and the food was even better and the service was even better than the night before!!! A must go when you are in and around Santee SC!!! The pineapple/orange cake is to kill for. I have eaten at better places, but they were all in big cities. Santee has a real diamond here.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

we have been eating here once a week for the last month we have been here for work.food is great waitresses are nice and friendly,but tonight the hostess at the front behind the desk must not like babies! my 2 1/2 mth old grandson was sleepy and my daughter took him to the front door to put him to sleep and she stood there rolling her eyes! our feelings are so hurt at this we wont be back! everyone else were baby friendly but not her!!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We went here late in the evening and had seafood. The food was delicious and was hot when it arrived! The service was excellent and the price was moderate!

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time to celebrate my cousin's birthday, she had recommended the restaurant. The food and service was excellent and so was the atmosphere. I had previously mentioned to our server that it was my cousin's birthday and at the end of our meal she brought out a huge piece of their special cake and sang her Happy Birthday; the cake was to die for. Definitely would recommend this place and will definitely go back.

Been to Captains Quarters? Share your experiences!