“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Captains Quarters

Captains Quarters
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manning, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We went to Captain's Quarters tonight for dinner. I had the Captain's Platter (Fried shrimp, scallops & tilapia) and my hubby had prime rib and shrimp. Our waitress however, was not very attentive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 200TTA

Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a Treat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We loved the Captains Quarters Restaurant in Santee. Best shrimp and grits I've ever had. Service was warm and friendly and exuded Southern charm. This was our first visit and we will definitely be back.

Southport, North Carolina
“I'd go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very friendly, attentive service. The food was very good, overall. My shrimp was a little overcooked, but that must be easy to do, seems to happen once in awhile.

Visited November 2013
Westerville, Oh
“Prime rib delish, not so the fish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Like many others, we stayed next door at the BW and walked over here on a Friday night around 6:30pm. The place was packed and were told a 30 minute wait. We got our drinks at the bar and went back to the lobby to wait as the bar was full also. The hostess said she could seat us in the bar sooner if we didn't mind smoking(tobacco still has a hold on the South!). We said ok and a short time later had a table in the bar. Our waitress was Sadie and was attentive except when collecting the bill. My wife got the crab stuffed grouper with 3 shrimp and I got the prime rib with shrimp. We thought the food tasted ok . My wife tasted and liked my prime rib but I did not taste her grouper. She thought her Long Island Ice Tea tasted like it was pre-mixed. I had a glass of wine. The bill with tax was $70. A couple of hours later, my wife complained of stomach distress which continued into the next day. She said she still would eat here again just not order any fish(or Long Islands!). Seems like most of the complaints on this place revolve around the fish, especially the grouper.

• Visited November 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Elegant Dinning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

You will not be disappointed when you visit the Captains. A very detailed menu, attentive staff, and quiet rooms. The dinner was excellent, and the desert even better. When staying in the area, you must drop in at least once to try the seafood.

Visited November 2013

Been to Captains Quarters? Share your experiences!