“Inexpensive but VERY clean with friendly and helpful staff.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Easy to find the staff was very helpful and Frances went out of her way to help me several times. I have asthma so smoke bothers me but rooms were smoke free. Microwave and refrigerator in room and grocery store in next lot. I real money & time saver for those that don't care to eat out every meal when traveling. There was a good selection for breakfast.

Stayed Jan. 11-17 2014

Joan

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joan D
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Joan D,

Comfort, cleanliness and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling and we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Econolodge, Santee

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Keep it moving room reeked of smoke, no breakfast as advertised, clerk couldn't speak English, oj tasted like it had gone bad room was clean but other than that everything else look like it was going down hill. I suggest you skip this one there are many other accommodations in the area for the same price

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggiehug
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Maggiehug,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hotel was a little run down but clean. Danyell and the rest of the staff were very friendly. Quiet and continues to allow smokers. Right off I-95, Easy off and easy on. Will stop there again! Missed breakfast but the breakfast area looked clean and tidy. JC 12/26/13

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janine S
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Janine C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such great feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,
The team at

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Realy Nice place today stay with your family after a long drive from New York to Florida really nice staff specially France's she was Just Amazing my family and i are really happy. We will love to share this place with friends and family really clean.Leticia Perez 1/5/2014 thanks France's

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David M

Dear David M,

Comfort, cleanliness and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling and we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy an have enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

The management team at,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was formerly a HoJo and is advertised as being recently remodeled and updated. Our opinion: They have a ways to go. BUT, for the price ($42/nite) it filled the bill.

First the negatives (1) the door was a huge problem to open/close; needs replacement (my wife could not open or close the door - not enough strength). (2) No towels, soap, etc. but I tracked down the maid (very cooperative and nice) and got those necessities. (3) TV needs replacement plus there was no channel guide card. (3) No sink drain plug.

The positives. (1) Inexpensive for an overnight. We stopped at the SC Welcome Ctr. and found their ad/coupon. (2) Clean. (3) convenient. (4) Continental breakfast was very good (but the coffee was really weak) - more than adequate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dutch1638

Dear Dutch 1638,

Warm regards,
EconoLodge Santee, SC

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stopped here on my way home from Florida to Virginia. This is a good pet friendly place, that is inexpensive and right off of I95. Danyell at the front desk checked me in, very quickly and friendly. This is nice to see a smiling, welcoming face after a long day driving. I would recommend this to my friends or family while traveling this route. Thanks! KAstalos

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kat A
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Kat A,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your stay here with us.
Each and every one of our employees works hard to make sure not only you, but your four legged friend has the best time here with us. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. Knowing that our team is doing well and making our guests feel comfortable encourages each and every one of them to continue what they are doing and go above a beyond to help make your stay more enjoyable.
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and we all hope to see you both again!

The Team at Econo lodge, Santee SC

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a perfect place to stop on I-95 if you need pet-friendly accommodations.
The staff, especially Danyell was very courteous and rooms were very nice.
Will definitely use this as our half-way stay on our trip from MD to Florida. JV 12/26/13

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Judith V

Dear Judith V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments withe the staff and they join me in thanking you for y our kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

The Team at Econo lodge, Santee SC

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Knights Inn Santee
#7 of 13 in Santee
Quality Inn St. George
Quality Inn St. George
#5 of 9 in Saint George

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!