“Very on happy”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The cost was higher than any motel I stayed in. Couldn't get TV to work. Bed uncomfortable, rug none too clean. Breakfast was terrible. No regular coffee available. No fruit, no employee refilling what food there was.decaf was like dish water couldn't drink it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Dear Patricia T,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent visit. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are hear and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that your new team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The bathtub in the handicapped room had safety bars but no seat, making it hard to get in. We asked the front desk if they had a seat to bring to the room, but they did not. The morning breakfast area was small -- not enough space to maneuver around.

Dear cjhva,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at our hotel I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

When I am traveling and I stay at a motel for around $50 I realize I'm not staying at a Hilton property. Thus, I don't expect to get the same results. This hotel was clean enough, although a broken and hanging nightstand drawer surely should have been repaired. The mattress, unfortunately, was very thin and very limp. I was so tired I didn't care. The sheets were clean and that was my main concern. The young clerk who checked me in could not have been nicer. There were cookies and lemonade for my consumption, if I had so desired. That was a nice touch. Breakfast was very plentiful, clean, and the dining area was spacious and acceptable. I would stay here again. To me, it appeared that they are trying to update this place. It needs it and I give them a thumbs up for the effort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Hubjeanne,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. We are pleased to hear that you understand that we are all doing our best to offer the most we can for a reasonable price. As our hotel has recently had a change in management I can assure you that our new management team ir working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

Again, thank you for your comments and we will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I read the reviews- believed them- foolish me - yes it's cheap but no gem but at least the room odor wasn't offensive. Neither my husband or I would even take a shower - just up and gone - in search of a drinkable cup of coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Creek9,

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

From the minute we checked in to the minute we left (we stayed 3 nights) our experience was a great one. Service from the manager Andy and the desk clerks (Danyelle) and others, I don't remember their names...was awesome. More often than not they pre-empted what we were looking for and wanted for nothing. Andy even helped me fill my thermos for the road this morning. Overall I would stay there again and I wish all the motels along the route had this same quality of service! Bed was very comfortable too, was nice not waking up with a sore back for a change. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure about what rooms would be quieter, perhaps the upper rooms. The soundproofing is not the b...

Dear Ken M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. We take pride in all the items we are able to offer our guests, from great customer service to breakfast in the morning. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guest. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more enjoyable than the previous one.

At your service,
The team at

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Checked into this motel on April 1, 2014 after seeing hotel coupon books advertising triple sheeting, fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies each evening, and a TripAdviser award emblem. We were a little disappointed when we walked in. Just looked a little dingy. We went to eat and came back. When we pulled the sheets back there was no triple sheeting and a large wrinkle in the bottom sheet and mattress pad. Further inspection revealed little black specks on the sheet all the way down. These were loose specks, not spots on the fabric. I'm not sure the sheets had been changed. And there was a burned place on the inside of the spread.

When I went to the office, there were no cookies in the container. I asked about them and was told they were all gone. (I had no intention of eating any cookies from there, it was just the point of false advertising as far as I am concerned.) I told the very young looking man we were not staying there and why. He said the triple sheeting was something they were just starting. (So why are they advertising it if it isn't available?) In all fairness, he offered to have the bed remade with triple sheeting and when I refused, he offered another room. Also offered to bake us some cookies or"find some leftover ones". He then offered free ice cream which they charge $3.00 for, and some cookies even if we didn't stay, after I said I would be making a TripAdviser review. We were just grossed out and did not want to stay there. Our money was refunded and we left.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Dottie F,

Please accept our sincere apologies for he issues you experienced during your recent stay .I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Needed a quick overnight spot en route to FL. Clean, spacious and tastefully appointed. Only issue was FINDING IT. Arguably it's just east of the I-95 junction but every map app sent us to the wrong place in the middle of nowhere (google, waze, apple). Absolutely worth staying for the killer rate, just make sure sure can find it! Only qualm was a broken toilet handle. Man that bed is big and comfy!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nagrom7000,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay here with us. We have recently had a change in management and are looking for things that our guest enjoy and things that need more of our attention. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and you were able to enjoy the items we are able to offer our guests. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,
The team at
Econo Lodge Santee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Best Western Plus Santee Inn
#1 of 13 in Santee
Quality Inn Manning
Quality Inn Manning
#5 of 7 in Manning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!