“Well run, friendly and clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Santee
New York City, New York
“Well run, friendly and clean”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Driving from Florida to New York with my family and stopped here for the night. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the beds were comfortable.....A good nights sleep, and of course a free breakfast buffet. Competitive rates for the area. Would choose to stop here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Osolemio1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lecanto, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Comfort Inns are franchises. The management of this facility is very good, and that makes all the difference. The people are friendly and helpful. To illustrate, at breakfast, the woman running the breakfast room asked if she should make us waffles. I accepted and she made a perfect waffle and brought it to our table. Unusual for the type of facility, in my experience.

We had an I-95 coupon for $65 and upgraded to a suite for another $20. Great value. My only criticism is that the furniture in the living room was a bit rundown.

I highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chescat5
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stopped here on our way to Montreal. . Very friendly front desk person checked us in quickly. ------Travel tip---- stop at a gas station on your way and pick up a free hotel coupon book. They show you hotels up the road and have valuable coupons... provided you are traveling during the week. Friday and Saturday nights usually excluded. We had a clean, quiet room on the top floor as requested for 69$. At the continental breakfast there was a sweet lady there who couldn't do enough for us. Even offered to make us waffles! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat B
NC
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were here for one night in June 2014, Room 315 (2 queen, 1 bedroom suite). The accommodations were certainly acceptable and clean (minus a small ring in the toilet). The hotel noise was very minimal, with only the occasional water pipe noise being heard over the air conditioner. The room was hot and muggy when we entered it (registering over 80 degrees) but cooled down nicely once the air conditioning was on (controls were hidden behind the bedroom door).

We would stay here again if in the area, but there are a few things I would alert other travelers to. The pool is very small. There were three elementary school students, one middle schooler, and one high schooler in it, and they were all in each others' way as they played. Anyone trying to "swim" in it would be sorely disappointed. The toilet flushes are unbelievably loud, as in my son would not even flush it because of its volume. Be careful when opening the fridge, as it slid out of its cabinet and onto my toes.... Beyond that, all seems well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank local_yokel_NC
Delray Beach
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were weary travelers with three young girls we had just picked up from camp. After searching through reviews we came upon this little gem. Very clean and hospitable, Normally we hate hotel breakfasts, but this one was exceptional and Miss Barbara at the breakfast bar was sweet as could be. We will definitely be back on our next drive down 95.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lagtr
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were travelling through on our way to a wedding and had a very enjoyable night's stay here in Santee. It was easy to get in and out, the staff was very accommodating to our needs, the breakfast selections were varied and delicious. Would definitely stay here again if passing through the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I don't understand all the reviews about the places needing "updating." I stay at a motel to get a good night's sleep, not to enjoy the carpet pattern or study fine art hanging on the walls of the room.
Here's what I liked about this hotel:
It is a non-smoking facility, thank you. I can breathe.
The door had security locks.
The room and bathroom were clean.
The beds were comfortable, the pillows were, too.
The AC worked and didn't keep me awake with noise.
The staff members were polite and efficient. I didn't quiz them about local restaurants or entertainment facilities. I can find all that online.
Speaking of online, the Wi-Fi worked well. It dropped a call on my VoIP phone, but it was great with my computer, no drops or issues at all.
The desk was spacious and the desk chair was comfortable.
The bathroom was large enough to get the job done. I don't need to host parties in there. The towels were clean and looked good. They were absorbent. The shower curtain had one of those curved rods to give me some extra elbow room. I like that. I need one at home.
I didn't hear noises at night. I was worried because I got a ground floor room next to a stairwell, but I didn't hear any noise from the parking lot or the stairwell door.
I only took tea at breakfast, but the other guests looked like they were happy with the selection.
There appear to be cookies available in the lobby at certain times of day, but I missed out on that. It's a welcoming sight.
The price was fair.
If I have to stop overnight in Santee again, I'd probably stay here again. I got a good night's sleep, and that's what I was there for.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank SouthpawKB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
#12 of 13 in Santee
Hampton Inn Manning
Hampton Inn Manning
#1 of 7 in Manning

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!