“Awful”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Awful”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was the biggest mistake and what's sad we stayed there twice (on our return trip from Florida). We initially were looking for an inexpensive place that accepted pets. Never again. The carpet was so nasty my dog wouldn't lie on the floor. Stayed in its cage the whole time. Tired, worn out place. The topper was the "continental breakfast". The container that had the waffle mix in it was melted on one side and the mix had started to harden on the sides. Opened up the containers that held the pastries found an old (who knows how long they had been in there) box of mini m & m cookies. Disgusting. Oh and one other thing the desk clerk didn't seem to know what she was supposed to charge us (thank goodness I printed out our confirmation sheet) and we didn't get an itemized receipt.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura Q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Dirty. Leftover towel hanging on bathroom door w stains. No internet unless u want to be in lobby all eve. Don't ask for anything without feeling You are putting them out of their way. Walls are thin you WILL hear Everything your neighbors are doing. Sorry to complain but it is what it is. Only good thing is if you can tolerate the things above the price is the only thing good, and location isn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Diamond3650
abvisantee, Manager at Red Roof Inn Santee, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Diamond3650,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for any issues you experienced during your recent visit. I assure you that any issues will be addressed and the appropriate action taken. Thank you for bringing these to my attention.

Peter-Manager
Grasonville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Traditionally we would stop at Clarks but since they raised their prices and went to included breakfast we figured we would look around. We called while on the road and were pleased at the $39 price. Check in was good, the man at the desk was attentive. Our room was nice and clean with a small fridge and a 32 inch LCD TV. If you get down on your hands and knees you will find some cosmetic issues but I did not see anything like in the reviews below. Bed was comfortable and we slept good. We did not partake in the breakfast. Free WiFi, all rooms have curbside parking think we will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cranky64
Dear Cranky64,

Thank you for taking time to share a review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly service, WIFI, and 32 LCD TV's. We hope you come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Traveling from Florida to D.C. area, we were looking for a hotel to basically sleep without paying a fortune. After reading reviews of This hotel it seemed like a good option for price. Well, I will spend that extra $50 next time. Check-in was easy, but had to ask foe receipt and was not provided any information; just handed a key. First of all, our 1st room, yes first room, didn't have a working remote. I called front desk, and they sent their son, who was very polite and friendly, to come fix it. After coming back to room three times saying, "My dad says to try this," he finally came back and said we could move to another room. We had just traveled 10 hours and were exhausted, but had a five-year-old with us, so we moved rooms. Both rooms had a nice flat screen, fridge, microwave, and bedspreads and curtains looked new, but were cheesy looking, but no biggie on that. Well. That's we're it ends. There was hair on the toilet, crusted residue on the carpet, peeling wallpaper, the back of door looked like mud was thrown on it, the shower was dirty, and I could go on. It is outdated as far as building/wallpaper/carpet. Bed was pretty comfortable with nice pillows, but worried all night about cleanliness because of rest of room. We used our own blankets. When we left, the cleaning lady was standing in the mid part of the building like stalking us to see when the guests left! I will not stay there again and definitely learned to shell out extra money to sleep in a clean room!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank kidcraze
Dear Kidcraze,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am sorry it took so long to respond. I understand that you had a poor experience. We do our best to ensure that each and every guest is satisfied with their stay. We had some equipment malfunction which caused the issues with the TV. I am also working with our housekeeping to correct any issues with cleaning. I am sorry that we could not meet your needs.

Palmyra, Virginia
Reviewed 15 October 2012

A group of 20 or more stay at this Inn every year due to the price and Pete! 7 nights and 6 days of 36 holes and you can`t come close to the price anywhere! The Inn is a little run down but Pete
is FANTASTIC!! I also like one level where you can park in front of your room. Thanks for the great service Pete! Chet O

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chet O
abvisantee, Manager at Red Roof Inn Santee, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Chet O,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. We always enjoy having you and your golf friends stay with us each year. We look forward to your continued patronage!

St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Me and my friends stayed at this hotel in may 2012. it was the best. the office was clean and the curtains were beautiful! the workers were also very friendly and helpful. The location was right in the middle of town so everything was right there. The rooms had brand new carpet. And the beds were very comfortable with this traditional comforter. And the amenities were countless: a fridge, coffee maker, very nice towels and much more. The continential breakfast was way more than me and my friends could have asked for. And it was delicious. The price was very reasonable. There is nothing we had to complain about I am definaetly staying there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank brittany b
Dear brittanyb,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, great location, and continental breakfast. We hope that you stay with us again should you ever return to the Santee area.

Americas Best Value Inn Santee SC
Woodbine, Maryland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Traveling from Florida to Maryland, we stopped at Santee and found the first two motels booked solid. We should have known when we got to Travelodge and they had plenty of rooms available that it might not be great, but it was late, it was just for one night, and it was close to the interstate, so what could the harm be? There was a coffee maker but no coffee, which didn't matter because there was no available plug anyway. When I took my shower in the morning every time anyone else in the motel flushed, showered, or washed hands, my water turned frigidly cold. The "continental breakfast" was disgusting looking undercooked sausage patties, watery but crusted scrambled eggs, and biscuits which were just stacked in a bowl growing stale. But heck, the price was right. We did get what we paid for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family