“Fleas and much more” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Richmond, Virginia
“Fleas and much more”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

First thing the beds in the first bedroom had fleas. We were moved. Then the breakfast was not fit for consumption. Bread and pastries that the expiration date was June 1 when this was the 21st. No coffee--the pot was nearly empty, cold, and the pot unplugged. Obviously from the day before. When I asked about coffee, the woman simply tipped the pot and a little coffee dripped, and I literally mean dripped out. I would never stay here again and would suggest management of the chain check this one out. Health hazard.

Room Tip: Pull the sheets down and sit for a minute or two to make sure you don't see fleas
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanette Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Albany, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at this motel for one week while doing contractor work in the area. It's not fancy or even modern, but if you are looking for an inexpensive room, this is the cheapest around. It's within walking distance to a gas station, and an ABC liquor store. Rooms have fridge, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, alarm clock, and TV. Motel has free ice and breakfast.
Pros- beds are made and trash removed daily, even when you stay a full week. I left a $5 bill on dresser for entire week and it was not touched (trustworthy room cleaners). Breakfast includes waffles, real scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sausage gravy, biscuits, cereal, coffee, juice, milk, and sweet rolls. Motel manager is very friendly and helpful.
Cons- room was not very clean. Stains and "gunk" on appliances. Rooms are not very soundproof. Motel is next to a golf course/ driving range. I didn't hear of any cars getting hit by stray balls, but I did inspect my vehicle for dents daily.
Overall- I can't complain. You get what you pay for, and this place was worth the money.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, make sure you get a "non-smoking room. They are cleaner and smell much bet...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was the biggest mistake and what's sad we stayed there twice (on our return trip from Florida). We initially were looking for an inexpensive place that accepted pets. Never again. The carpet was so nasty my dog wouldn't lie on the floor. Stayed in its cage the whole time. Tired, worn out place. The topper was the "continental breakfast". The container that had the waffle mix in it was melted on one side and the mix had started to harden on the sides. Opened up the containers that held the pastries found an old (who knows how long they had been in there) box of mini m & m cookies. Disgusting. Oh and one other thing the desk clerk didn't seem to know what she was supposed to charge us (thank goodness I printed out our confirmation sheet) and we didn't get an itemized receipt.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura Q
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Dirty. Leftover towel hanging on bathroom door w stains. No internet unless u want to be in lobby all eve. Don't ask for anything without feeling You are putting them out of their way. Walls are thin you WILL hear Everything your neighbors are doing. Sorry to complain but it is what it is. Only good thing is if you can tolerate the things above the price is the only thing good, and location isn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Diamond3650
abvisantee, Manager at Red Roof Inn Santee, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Diamond3650,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for any issues you experienced during your recent visit. I assure you that any issues will be addressed and the appropriate action taken. Thank you for bringing these to my attention.

Peter-Manager
Grasonville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

Traditionally we would stop at Clarks but since they raised their prices and went to included breakfast we figured we would look around. We called while on the road and were pleased at the $39 price. Check in was good, the man at the desk was attentive. Our room was nice and clean with a small fridge and a 32 inch LCD TV. If you get down on your hands and knees you will find some cosmetic issues but I did not see anything like in the reviews below. Bed was comfortable and we slept good. We did not partake in the breakfast. Free WiFi, all rooms have curbside parking think we will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cranky64
Dear Cranky64,

Thank you for taking time to share a review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly service, WIFI, and 32 LCD TV's. We hope you come and visit us again in the future!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Traveling from Florida to D.C. area, we were looking for a hotel to basically sleep without paying a fortune. After reading reviews of This hotel it seemed like a good option for price. Well, I will spend that extra $50 next time. Check-in was easy, but had to ask foe receipt and was not provided any information; just handed a key. First of all, our 1st room, yes first room, didn't have a working remote. I called front desk, and they sent their son, who was very polite and friendly, to come fix it. After coming back to room three times saying, "My dad says to try this," he finally came back and said we could move to another room. We had just traveled 10 hours and were exhausted, but had a five-year-old with us, so we moved rooms. Both rooms had a nice flat screen, fridge, microwave, and bedspreads and curtains looked new, but were cheesy looking, but no biggie on that. Well. That's we're it ends. There was hair on the toilet, crusted residue on the carpet, peeling wallpaper, the back of door looked like mud was thrown on it, the shower was dirty, and I could go on. It is outdated as far as building/wallpaper/carpet. Bed was pretty comfortable with nice pillows, but worried all night about cleanliness because of rest of room. We used our own blankets. When we left, the cleaning lady was standing in the mid part of the building like stalking us to see when the guests left! I will not stay there again and definitely learned to shell out extra money to sleep in a clean room!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank kidcraze
Dear Kidcraze,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am sorry it took so long to respond. I understand that you had a poor experience. We do our best to ensure that each and every guest is satisfied with their stay. We had some equipment malfunction which caused the issues with the TV. I am also working with our housekeeping to correct any issues with cleaning. I am sorry that we could not meet your needs.

Palmyra, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

A group of 20 or more stay at this Inn every year due to the price and Pete! 7 nights and 6 days of 36 holes and you can`t come close to the price anywhere! The Inn is a little run down but Pete
is FANTASTIC!! I also like one level where you can park in front of your room. Thanks for the great service Pete! Chet O

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chet O
abvisantee, Manager at Red Roof Inn Santee, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Chet O,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. We always enjoy having you and your golf friends stay with us each year. We look forward to your continued patronage!