Super 8 Santee
Red Roof
US$142
US$137
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsbagelsdirect tvno big dealacross the streetbed was comfortableparking lotwould stay here againking roompleasant surprisenight's sleepwe've stayedstaff was friendlyfloridaroadcoupondogsclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Helpful & personable desk staff. Clean spacious room. Comfortable bed & operational shower. Ample free breakfast. Loved the freshly made wFFELS.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Barry P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you very much for your friendly comments & positive feedback for our motel. We work super hard at Super 8 Santee to make your stay as plesant as we possobly can!! It is nice to know our hard work payys off.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We left NJ with a 20 ft U-Haul and a car we had a kitty with us. I did read the reviews 3 star not great but pet friendly and clean is hard to find I guess. We went in to check this place out, we told the guy at the desk there were four of us and a kitty. I asked if we could look at the room first, he gave us a key we went to the room he told us to. When we got there the room had maybe 15 dead bugs on the floor, my wife was not happy but I explained maybe this is a good thing they may have sprayed the room and hopefully it killed all the bugs. Well we decided we would take a chance for the night. We go back to the office and I say ok he says how many I say four plus the kitty. He then tells us o no you can’t stay there you have to stay on the other side of the motel with the cat. Ok I said can we see that room before we book. He was somewhat reluctant to give us a key at least I thought so but he did. We go and check this room now, well at first it looked a little better we dug a little deeper and oh boy, here they were or at least remnants and evidence they were here or on those sheets at one time. Now I only ever read about how to look for bed bugs in a hotel but never saw any. They tell you to check the corners. We gently pulled the covers back as we did in the first room and there they were little round blood stains all on the one corner of the bed. So now we all felt like we were itching just looking at this so we brought the key back and left. The other choice was the holiday inn but it only had 3.5 stars and some bad comments. So my son started to work the internet by phone. There is an Econo lodge across the street we went over there. It was not great but it was clean. They also have a breakfast. One other note about the super 8 is I did read there was a restaurant next door that was good, well it was pretty good but what nobody tells you is behind that restaurant is a go-go bar it shares the parking lot of the super 8. When rooms are only $45-$55 per night and a gentleman’s club is next-door I wonder what could be keeping this place in business. Yuck keep driving find some other place to stay. Oh yah not that we needed or wanted a pool but the super 8 pool is a mosquito pit and out of order as the sign says. If there was more room in the truck I would have slept there. KEEP DRIVING our looking for some place better.

Room Tip: Keep Driving
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bill c
Barry P, General Manager at Super 8 Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

We are sorry your stay was not up to our usual standards. We have addressed those issues you noted and hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Barry
Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Older Motel, small bathroom, small pool. Employee of the motel staying in a room near the pool had clothes and towels hanging over railing to pool. Had to ring a bell for any kind of service - Check in, checkout and replenish breakfast supplies.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard H
Barry P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your stay was not as plesant as it should have been. I have addressed the issues you noted and i hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs better in the future.

Kim