“Great Time on Santee Cooper Lake” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Santee Cajun Guide Service

Santee Cajun Guide Service
purlear, nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time on Santee Cooper Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Mouse took us way out on the Lake, she knows were the big ones are. We had a great day catching these monster catfish. When we got back to shore we went to there house were they cleaned them and packed them in ice for free. Can't beat that!

Visited August 2013

Lubbock, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Best Guides on Santee Cooper Lakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Many years ago my Boy’s and I took a weekend trip to Santee in January. While the weather was beautiful, the fish just weren’t biting near shore fishing from the docks. We literally got lucky and happened upon Captain Boudreaux coming in from a day on the lake and booked a charter for the next day. That was one of the most memorable vacations I’ve ever experienced, as Boudreaux and his crew patiently taught my son’s how to set a hook and reel them in. They probably lost more fish that day than they caught, but my youngest’s first catch was a 34 pound Blue Catfish. Talk about a heck of a first fish. The next year he managed to top that with a 42 lb 4 oz. Monster Flathead, which won him a free trip back the next year. Boudreaux’s wife, Mouse, might even be the better fisherman of the two. If you’re lucky they’ll both be on the boat. Speaking of their equipment, they aren’t Jon Boats, but tricked out good sized pontoons having a bathroom and when the weather is cold an enclosed cab with a heater. Luxuries my Wife greatly appreciates. They provide the rods, reels and the bait. All you need is your fishing license, lunch and a cooler of drinks. Don’t forget to bring an extra ice chest to take your catch home in. An additional service they provide at no additional charge is cleaning the fish .... they even have ice to pack the fillets. Even tho the Boy’s are now in college, they’re always willing to make the trip with me for another adventure with Santee Cajun Guides, “Where you can always catch a Cat with a Mouse!”

Visited August 2012