“Perfect halfway stop from Va to FL - pets allowed”
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great place to stop halfway when traveling to orlando from virginia. The hotel was a reasonable price and several restaurants nearby. they allow pets as well - we would stay here again and maybe bring our dog on the next trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would be delighted for you bring your pet, stay with us again and give us a chance to make your next trip a 5 star visit!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife, pet Maltese and I were guests of the Holiday Inn Santee, SC in Dec and Jan. It is the perfect overnight stop the rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. This midpoint overnight stop at the Holiday Inn Santee was the best stop that we experienced for all of our snowbird trek to Florida and back.

Room Tip: For seniors, make reservations early
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I'm tired looking for a place to stay, I see a sign for Holiday Inn. I inquire price OK check in, go to room, get some ice, get ready for bed, hop into bed, thread count of sheets 10. I get up to turn heat on very noisy, but it works, I pull curtains shut.

Get up in the morning turn shower on water cold for at least five minutes, just as I began to swear the water turns hot, nothing like a hot shower!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob M
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We strive for 100% satisfaction and I want to apologize that your experience at our property was not what you have come to expect from IHG and for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled from New Jersey to Florida in late December to early January. We mistakenly booked this dump as our hotel for on our way to Florida and for on our way back from Florida as a midway stop.

The first room we stayed in, the bathroom had so much hair in it I'm pretty sure you could have made a wig out of it. I counted exactly 15 hairs in there! The caulk around the toilet was peeling off. There was mold growing on various places in the bathroom.

The room and bed had random stains and smells and the mini fridge and microwave were sticky and unclean.

I hoped that our second night here (coming back from Florida) would be better. As soon as I went to the bathroom I knew that was not going to happen. This time I counted 9 hairs (of various lengths, sizes, and colors). There were small brown stains on the door. The towels, some of which had stains, smelled as if they hadn't been washed, just thrown in the dryer.

The microwave had the same stickiness as the one in the previous room, the mirrors has fingerprints, there was dust and dirt on the tables.

It's not about this place being outdated as fixtures can be 100 years old and clean. It's about this place being very dirty. As a customer if I can see the hair, stains, fingerprints, dirt, and stickiness, so should the hotel staff.

Lastly, as an IHG member with over 15,000 points, this is not the kind of experience I would expect from any Holiday Inn. On our next trip to Florida, we will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank TracyVegan
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I apologize for these inconveniences that you encountered during your stays with us. I would like to discuss this situation further with you so please contact the directly at your earlirest convenience. 803-854-9800

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We chose the hotel as a middle-way from Ft Lauderdale to Washington DC with the kids. The hotel was clean and tidy and the general room accommodations were adequate. In my case though, there was a problem with the toilet and we requested a plunger that was never delivered....no clue what happened there. The breakfast was really really basic, zero frills (variety). The area is super devoid of meal options so treat this as a true stopover - nothing but fast food joints and not like a good selection either.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family to your satisfaction and I want to apologize that the plunger was not brought up to you as requested as well that there was a problem with the toilet in the first place.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Booked this hotel with IHG rewards points because we needed a layover on our drive from DC to Florida and were traveling with our pet. Bottom line....TERRIBLE! I was charged $167.00 on my CC (even though I used points to stay) after I had checked out and had to call to get the charge removed. Overall, other than the lobby area, the hotel was very dirty and unkept with large sticky stains everywhere and garbage cans overflowing. The room was average, I really enjoyed the TV stand made from untreated 2x4s, yes two pieces of 2x4 lumber that leaned to the left by 15 degrees. I personally think I wasted my points on this Holiday Inn as there are many in the IHG chain that are not like this. I was very disappointed from this experience, will never be back and will not recommend!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize that you did not find our facility to your expectations and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I will insure that we take the necessary steps to fix these problems.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel facility is excellent. Restaurant breakfast leaves much to be desired. One drawback is the noise from the elevators when you stay in one of the rooms (201; 203; 301; 303) located near elevators.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelStaff S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found our rooms comfortable. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I'm sorry to hear about your experience in our restaurant and have forwarded your comments to our General and Food & Beverage Managers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
Knights Inn Santee
Knights Inn Santee
#10 of 13 in Santee
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!