“Lovely charming hotel”
Review of Clark's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santee
Clark's Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Santee
“Lovely charming hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Driving from New York to Florida we stopped in Santee for the night. Clark's had a certain type of charm and we took a room. Everything was clean and comfortable. The room had a bookshelf over the television which is not something you typically see in a room.
There were Tesla hookups in the back of the parking lot, also not something you typically see.
The complimentary breakfast was fabulous service was fine.
The gift shop had some locally made jams that were very unique.
I would highly recommend this place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank readaholic23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stay here all the time. Lovely rooms. Comfy beds and linens. Extra clean. Free breakfast. Food in restaurant delicious. Bar has fireplace for cozy drinks in cold weather. The pool if west of the restaurant. Evidently poor reviewer is blind wondering where it was. Or couldn't speak to ask. All kidding aside we have traveled past it for 30 and never stopped. Now we always shorten our trips to stay there.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MAGGI H
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have so many issues I am just going to list them! Also, I am not a person that complains much, but this hotel is "clearly" on the CHEAP side, and every dollar they can hope to save, they seem to do it.
Room we had was "old" time worn. Looked clean, but very outdated.
Very few channels on the TV, Internet was the worst ever. Was told," this is how it is!"
The telephone had NO info. on it for making calls. Totally blank...I had tremendous trouble trying to get a line out.
HAD to unfortuently stay there 3 ngts, and EACH day the VENDING machine was not working!? really!
Never found the alledged pool.
Needed a pen, paper, found a SMALL white pencil w/no/eraser on table.
WORST for me was, NO BLACK OUT shads!! yes, right, first ever for me. They had wooden brown shades. Sun, came right in.
Rooms are not at all soundproof. We heard cars coming and going and the lights shining in my eyes, not fun and no sleep.
No fridge or microwave in room. You will want one after you read the PRICES on their menu. OUTRAGEOUS! You'll want to buy from the corner store or some chain food place and use your microwave or fridge for dinner and breakfast next morning.
I ate 3 meals there, on Valentines day was stuck there due to storm/ice.
I ordered the Deluxe Ribeye...1/4 of it was a huge chunk of fat. The waiter told me they way it, and don't allow for the chunk of fat, no way! Just serving this to me was utter bad judgment.
Thinnest deluxe Rib steak I have ever eaten for over 21.00, you may not quote me on price, at least that or higher, taking a view of the menu of their website will give you idea's on the prices.
I think if the food would live up to the cost of it, then I may understand, but the food here is way overpriced. I remember asking the breakfast waitress w/no smiles... if I could please have a little extra helping of GRITS instead of giving my hash browns-she just stared at me. I asked again, and then right out of her mouth, well they won't do that, and if they do...you'll hardly see they did. I didn't get the Hash browns, and I didn't get a spoonful of extra grits. Really?!! Do U know how small a piece of salt/is to grits before cooking, the same if not smaller...this did it for me...I never saw my waitress again. I had to call over the only other one to get my second cup of coffee.
I can think of more, I'll post again.
Oh, yes, I never had a chance to show the mgr. my steak, because after my server told her, she looked over at me, and walked some other place. Oh, and another thing...I love BAKED potato's...2 now 2 nights in a row they ran out of them at 8 PM!! That disappointed me. They taste better cooked in a restaurant, but I guess I'll never know about Clark's
Comparing this hotel to say a HAMPTON INN, Comfort Inn, like staying in a tent rather than a mansion. Cheapies all the way! Sorry, Clark's.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shero777
Ellicott City/Cambridge
Reviewed 26 February 2014

When traveling from Ellicott City, MD to Venice, FL Santee is half way. Clark's Inn was a nice place to stay for the night. Room size was large and well furnished. Restaurant on-site and a full breakfast there is included in the price of the room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had a delightful dinner a few days after Christmas, 2013, while staying at nearby Wyndham resort in support of three day visit to Charleston. Enjoyed gift shop browsing, looked into what seemed like an appealing bar with atmosphere, and then enjoyed a beautifully prepared, hot, tasty seafood dinner in the restaurant. Server was polite, had good recommendations, and was familiar with menu, Met folks who were going to stay at the Inn overnight after dinner and they had high expectations from own research. Definitely not a chain restaurant and we recommend others stop in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank El A
Annapolis Royal, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

There is a gorgeous bar which serves incredible fresh seafood and drinks naturally. I had such an incredible salmon meal cooked to perfection that I started to purr. My husband had an incredible shrimp meal. Both of the meals were accompanied w a lovely salad and rice. Because the atmosphere was so congenial we decided to spend the night. THe bar tender was spectacular as a host. The rooms were top notch and breakfast was included. The attention to detail was apparent through out the operation. At breakfast we learned that a second generation of the same family was still running the inn. Breakfast was especially good and the staff was
again very professional. There is a high end gift store and they were setting up for a buffet. We
would definitely make a point of stopping in there on our way down the coast as it was a sheer delight staying there and the food was stupendous.

Room Tip: top quality beds and accoutrement's that suggested good taste but the room rate was very reasona...