“Nice Service”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Simpsonville
Greenville, South Carolina
“Nice Service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The front desk staff were great; very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast every morning was nice because the selection was varied, the hot foods were hot and cold foods were cold and the breakfast area was always clean and had an attendant nearby. The rooms were comfortable and spacious, but I had to knock down some cob webs from the lamps and the A/C had a musty odor coming from it. The WiFi service was so, so. You have to sign in every time you want to use the internet and service is very slow, sometimes requiring it to be reset. Overall it was a good stay in a nice area that is close to shopping and restaurants. Located right off of the interstate it is convenient to all of Greenville and is very quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Franklin B
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest feedback is our most important tool in providing excellent customer service. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and will pass along your kind words to the breakfast attendants. Thank you for sharing some of the issues you encountered during your stay and I will make sure that each one is address and taken care of. We are currently working on the WI-FI speed and connectivity to provide a better product for all our guests. We hope to see you again when visiting the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the cleanest, friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is quiet and relaxing. Everyone says they have problems with the WiFi. There is a trick. When you get on your device, type in choicehotels.com in the address bar and it will take you straight to the I agree page. Click on I agree and it will take you to their home page. Go up to the address bar and type in the websight you want to go to. The rooms are very roomy(they have plenty of room in them). They are very clean and they don't have that hotel smell.

Room Tip: There is no tip. All their rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ann H
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for the kind words. I will share you review with my staff to let them know you appreciated them. We hope to see you again soon.
KY
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This was probably the nicest choice hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything was perfect except one thing, the WiFi. When we called the front desk Anthony said he would reset it. After going to dinner and waiting a couple more hours, it was still no better. I had 3 devices in the room, a laptop, a chrome book, and an I-phone 5 and all ran so slow you could not even check the weather forecast! What made it worse was Anthony tried to imply we didn't know what we were doing or the devices we had were junk!
Other than that everything was great, nice people, good hot breakfast with a lot of variety, and exceptionally clean and spacious room. I even received candy and water for being a choice gold member.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with the WIFI during your stay. I contacted our WIFI support team as soon as I received your survey response to talk to them about the WIFI issues. They have assured me that everything is in working order. I hope that you will return to the area and give us another chance to provide the excellent customer service and product we are known for.
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I try HARD to avoid 2 stars. I look for 2.5 stars (because of free wifi, parking, breakfast etc.) and thought all 2 star we cheap funky motels with a cheap breakfast. That being said, this hotel was fabulous! It felt like a great 2.5 star hotel. I hope ALL comfort inns are this nice. Room was very clean and very spacious. It had two beds PLUS a sofa bed, microwave and mini fridge and the hotel was tucked back from traffic in a safe location. This hotel went well beyond all my expectations and I will be looking into this brand more. Especially since options are limited when traveling with a medium dog. Dog fee was $25 not to exceed $75. I stayed with my husband, son (6), daughter (8) and our dog. And I got a great discount with my AAA. If I happen to be back in the area I'd stay again for sure! I'm glad this was the only hotel available with good review for miles around because now I feel I have one more option when traveling with my family (and we travel for work while homeschooling about 8 months of the year).

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank AdeTae
Sherrie346, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Often times, star ratings can mean different things depending on the site and are often based on amenities such as whether a hotel has a restaurant or bar. I'm glad that you were able to experience our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Walterboro, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just returned from an overnight getaway to the Upstate. One of the best Comfort Suites I've stayed at in the Carolinas. Nice rooms, nice showers, nice breakfast, nice heated indoor pool, nice employees, and a super nice general manager who had suggestions for traveling the local roads around Greenville.....will return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherrie346, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectation. We hope to see you again.
DeWitt, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were very happy with our stay at the Comfort Suites in Simpsonville. While we don't visit relatives here frequently, this will be our top choice the next time we are in town.

Our room was comfortable and clean, and a good value for the price we paid. The breakfast wasn't exceptional, but certainly adequate.

As I travel I find that the definition of "suite" has eroded over the years. It used to mean two or more separate rooms, connected through a doorway, often including a small cooking area. Some hotels still have that type of suite. This one does not; the area with a sofa and the bed are separated only by a short stub of a wall. Also, there's no sink or cooking facilities (other than the mini microwave), and many true suites include them. So, from my perspective calling these rooms suites is a stretch. But just the same, we were satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherrie346, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback as it helps us provide excellent customer service to all guest. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return if you visit the area again.

I agree with you about the definition of suite. I came to the Choice brand from another hotel brand, and suite generally meant that there the bedroom was separate and there was a cooking area or sink. When I entered the Choice brand, I found that Comfort Suites meant something a little different. The Comfort Suites hotels have larger rooms, generally with a living area that has a sleeper-sofa and a desk area. Most Comfort Suites include mini-refridgerators and microwaves. In the Choice brand, and other brands that I've come across, only the extended stay brands have a cooking area with a stove or stove-top.

I understand the confusion that seeing the word suite can bring up. Suite does mean different things in different brands and hotels. We consider our rooms to be open-space suites, with amenities and space that regular hotel rooms don't have. In a sense, we feel that we define suite as a step up from a regular hotel room, but not quite at the extended stay level.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain what our suites mean and to reply to such a lovely review about the cleanliness and comfort of our hotel. We hope that when you visit in the future, we get to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simpsonville
Hampton Inn Greenville / Simpsonville
WoodSpring Suites Greenville Simpsonville
Hilton Garden Inn Greenville
Hilton Garden Inn Greenville
#5 of 64 in Greenville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!