“Convenient and competent friendly staff”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Wilmington
“Convenient and competent friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This property is conveniently located to Spartanburg, the interstate (I 85) and the airport. The room was recently updated, clean and comfortable. The Breakfast was adequate. What really made the trip pleasurable was the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Although the hotel was very busy the weekend we spent there the staff took time to give us directions and advice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JudgeDredd55
, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
On behalf of my employee's I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. More often than not, people will voice their dissatisfaction and not think to praise the employee's who deserve it. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. My staff and I are dedicated to providing you with a clean affordable room every time and it warms our hearts to know that we did just that. That we met our goals and made such an impact. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Kirby Mack (General Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I guess I was taken in with the recent promotion with Choice Hotels, buy two nights get one free.
But after my stay, I thought...uh...no. Rates are high for some reason in Spartanburg. I can't figure that one out.... but had to stay there a night.

The front desk employee was very cordial, willing to print out a map so I could take my teens to experience the Beacon, she was all around pleasant. However, I had read previous posts regarding the smoking charges someone else incurred at this property. Not a problem for us, being non smokers except that the room (417) that she checked us into reeked like smoke. My kids immediately said she had checked us into a smoking room instead, starting looking around for ashtrays, matches and whatnot.

I reported it to the front desk, scared that they may charge me the $200 smoking fee or whatever and accuse us of smoking in the room if we kept it. Wouldn't have kept it anyway. It stunk.
Upon reporting to front desk, she told me that the "guys from CSX smell up the rooms with their clothes". CSX is a freight train company and this hotel apparently houses these guys for business/meetings all the time.

Anyway, short story long, she switched our room, it was fine.Although I did make my kids wear their shoes in the room the entire time. I wouldn't say it was worth $75.
Especially after the following night when I paid same price for Hyatt in Charlotte and was totally impressed. My advice is if you are travelling up I85, skip Spartanburg and try to stay in Gaffney, just outside.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Hello, It's Kirby Mack, the general manager of the Quality Inn and Suites in Spartanburg SC. I wanted to first off thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. My staff and I are dedicated to providing you with a clean affordable room every time. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue at check in with your room. As you know we have a very strict non smoking policy but that doesn't always stop someone from smoking in a room. I understand your concern about being charged our room recovery fee, however I would just like to let you know that we do not charge any guest for smoking unless we have indisputable proof, such as ashes and/or butts. Even after that, we still give our guests a reminder that our hotel is a non smoking hotel, if the choose to continue to smoke, only then do we charge them.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Hotel was fine..staff friendly..but your manager needs a refresher course on people skills. We stayed one night and our charge card was charged twice.I called to straighten this out only to be told that even though we had requested a non-smoking room we were being charged for a smoking room because we smoked in the room.I assured this man that there had been a mistake because we don;t smoke only to be told that he had proof,he had pictures of cigarette butts left in my room.So as for my stay.. here's a break down for you, I smoke..I lie and the hotel still owes me money for over charging my charge card. Good luck is my only advice to you.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tandy D
QualityGMSC429, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
To Our Valued Guests: The Quality Inn and Suites is a 100% non smoking hotel. If any evidence of smoking is found in your room you will be charged a room recovery fee of up to $250. This policy is made clear to every guest at check in. There were cigarettes left in a cup being used as an ash tray, and ashes left on the sink and nightstand in the room of the guest that wrote the above review. We institute very strict policies so that we may ensure the best guest experience possible. Due to the evidence found in the room the guest was charged a room recovery fee of $100 for smoking. - Kirby Mack

Travellers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was a bit nervous about what the room was going to look like since I got it for only $62/night. But it wasnt too bad. We picked this hotel because we needed some place in Spartanburg that accepted dogs. The room was very clean although in need of some updates....especially the TV. I was disappointed, however, in the housekeeping. We stayed for two nights and the room was never cleaned. We even told the front desk clerk that it needed cleaned. We left aroun 2pm, came back at 8 and it still wasn't clean. We had to go down and get new towels and toilet paper....I guess I shouldn't expect it to be the Hilton! Breakfast was decent and front desk staff was always smiling.

• Stayed February 2012
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
To "amb24"

My name is Kirby Mack, I am the general manager of the Quality Inn and Suites in Spartanburg SC. I wanted to first off thank you for your recent stay with us. I realize that there are plenty of hotels in Spartanburg for you to choose from. I am very grateful for the opportunity to earn your business and your trust as your home away from home. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. I wanted to thank you personally for taking the time to fill out a survey. These surveys are our most powerful tool. They enable us to hear the voice of our valued guests and effectively make changes where necessary.

At the end of the day my main goal is to provide a "perfect 10" stay. Your feedback is crucial to helping me with this effort. Thank you for your honesty and your time. While there are some update issues that our beyond my control, what is in my direct hands I assure you I will address. A housekeeping meeting has been planned and during it I plan on re-certifying each member of my staff. This will include making them retake the Choice Housekeeping seminars and tests they had to pass when hired.

I hope that all of your future travels find you safe and sound.
Byron Center, MI
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The area wasn't the best, but had no problems. We were in room 307 and the shower surround was terribly cracked and needed replacing. The rest of the room was fine. Breakfast bar was good with several choices. The desk clerk was helpful and she recommended a decent steakhouse for dinner.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear "SummerTyme08"

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We were in town for only one night. Found the Quality Inn on Tripadvisor. Checked in late to our room. Discovered we needed a tooth brush, went to the desk to get one and discovered they were all out. My wife wanted some more coffee for the room and wanted to swap decaf or regular, they were out of regular. The drink station in the lobby was not ready for guests that evening.
We were pleased with our room. It was spacious, clean and comfortable.
The breakfast the next morning was good and gave us numerous options of things to eat.
We both like the Belgium waffles and they turned out very tasty.
Aside from the issues upon arrival, we would definitely state here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear "gwebbdawg"

At the end of the day my main goal is to provide a "perfect 10" stay. Your feedback is crucial to helping me with this effort. Thank you for your honesty and your time. I deeply apologize for running out of the items you requested at check in. We try our best to maintain a reasonable stock of supplies at all times. However, sometimes, deliveries do not happen as planned. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

I hope the rest of your travels find you safe.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Everytime we stop at a Quality Inn we make a joke it is a less than quality inn. This one was no exception. Dicey area of town. Newer rooms but had an odor. My husbands pet peeve is hair on anything. Hair found in bedding made him frantic. We stayed because it was so late in the night. Probably would have stayed somewhere else if given the choice.

• Stayed August 2011
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
I would like to apologize for the problem you encountered while staying with us. We are under going a lengthily 3, 6, and 12 month renovation process to better improve our product and our guest experience. I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping staff and I have instituted and hairnet policy effective immediately. Please know we are doing the best we can to accommodate every guest with a problem-less experience while they are away from their home. - Kirby Mack (General Manager)