“Very pleased”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and will be staying there again in the near future. We got reasonable rates, a very clean room, great customer service. We generally arrive after 6pm and the evening/night staff are wonderful. The continental breakfast is good as well. The location is perfect for us since our daughter attends USC Upstate and plays softball. If you want somewhere clean with great customer service and don't want to break the bank, give them a try.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear: justplainsassy

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear about your positive experiences at our hotel. My staff and myself try our very best to give everyone a clean, friendly, and affordable place to stay whenever they are traveling to Spartanburg. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return. We wait with anticipation to be able to say, "Welcome Home."

Kirby Mack

Reviewed 23 July 2012

First of all the night clerk "Darnell" was probably the rudest person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. My air conditioner was really more of a fan, it did not cool. The ice machines were either broken or empty, either is unacceptable. The television was unwatchable due to horizontal lines in the picture. The place was "cleanish". Overall the motel is much better on the surface than it actually is. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Hello, my name is Kirby Mack, the General Manager of the Quality Inn and Suites. While I appreciate your review it strikes me as a bit suspicious. Some of the information left in your review doesn't match my records, such as the use of employee names and weather or not they where scheduled during your visit. I would ask that you please contact me directly at (gm.sc429@ChoiceHotels.com) or (864) 542-0333 so that we may talk about your stay in more detail. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We spent a week there while visiting family, hotel was clean and very comfortable, beds were great and the continental breakfast was awesome!! staff was amazing, I need to complete some transactions while there and they didnt hesitate to allow me access to there fax and even handled some of it for me while i was out!! very, very friendly people, will stay again! and extremely affordable when I shopped around

Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home. We realize how uncomfortable and lonely traveling can be which is why we try to live by the goal of making sure that every guests receives a "home" experience rather than a "hotel" experience. I am very pleased to hear that my staff was able and willing to help you out with what ever needs you had. Your feedback is very crucial to our success and I thank you for your candid review. May all of your future travels find you safe and sound. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

After reading other reviews, I thought this would be a better property than it actually was. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was nice. However, it's really run-down and passable as far as cleanliness. Not somewhere I would stay again.

1  Thank Rachel V
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your business and I want to thank you for taking the time to leave this candid review. We strive daily to provide every guest with a clean, well maintained and up to date room. I am very sorry to hear that our facility did not meet your expectations. We have been a Choice property for a little over a year now and are still in the process of putting all of the new Choice Q Brand Standards into effect. Hopefully in the future we will have the opportunity to earn your business once again. Thank you for your time. Kirby Mack (GM)

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We arrived to a nice lobby, friendly staff, and a nice spacious room. Our initial inspection revealed a clean room and nice mini kitchenette (Fridge, Microwave, counter and cabinets). The pool was nice and our kids enjoyed it. The breakfast was great offering a nice compliment of hot food(Biscuits and gravy, sausage, make your own waffles, oatmeal, toast) and cold food(cereal, muffins, breakfast bars, juices, etc). Round the clock coffee, fruit & snacks was nice. The staff was professional and helpful. They went beyond catering to our kids and us. Even when we had an issue on our last night (noisy guests jumping on floor above us....unsupervised children) did they call 3 times and sent the GM up to warn them to be quiet or leave. The only downsides: Hot hallways and elevators (we were in a 100+ degree heatwave...don't know if that affected it) and Ice machine on ground floor broken so Ice only available on 3rd floor, but was always available. Special thanks to Tara and Keniesha at the front desk who went far beyond requirement ot make our stay wonderful. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to avoid pool noise.
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on how we are performing. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that my entire staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home. And while it's nearly impossible for us to control the actions of our other guests and I very pleased to hear that your situation was addressed efficiently and effectively handled by the Manager on Duty. Unfortunately as noted, our ice machine could not keep up with the high demand that weekend but you may be pleased to know that we have since addressed the issue and it's back up and running, good as new. Also as noted in my previous response to an early review, we were able to find a brand new compressor that can keep up with extremely high heat index's and it has since been ordered and installed. Lastly it's great to see a special thanks left for Tara and Kanesha. I realize how blessed I am to have them on as part of my staff. And in a fast paced costumer driven business, were some people will only voice their displeasure, it's very refreshing for them to see that their efforts don't go unnoticed. Again thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was a good hotel for a one night stop at a very reasonable price. It had the three things our group was wanted. The rooms were spacious. The outdoor pool was average, with the pool area rather spartan. The hot breakfast was good and the eating area was large enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank adventurer1234
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. Your feedback is crucial to our success and how we operate on a daily basis. Every review, be it good, bad, or indifferent, is closely listened to. We are very pleased to hear we met your expectations. May all of your future travels find you safe and sound. Kirby Mack (GM)

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed here one night on a trip through the south. The hotel is very old...old scratched furniture, old carpeting, bed coverings old and frayed, dim lights in bathroom, etc. The place is just old! Upon check in we checked our beds (a habit now since we have read about bed bugs everywhere) and there were crumbs all over the bottom sheet. We had the desk staff redo the entire bed before we stayed. Carpets were not vacuumed very well, old M+Ms and lint on the floor. The hallways and elevator were extremely hot, no A/C apparently. The hotel was also not in the best part of town. However, the staff did their best and were friendly. We only stayed one night and the bed was reasonably comfortable.

What sort of trip was this? Select one Business Couples Family Friends Solo

Business

Couples

Family

Friends

The hotel was also not in the best part of town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Greetings! My name is Kirby Mack, The General Manager of the Quality Inn and Suites. I wanted to take a moment to respond to your review. I am deeply sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced while staying with us. We do our very best to ensure that everything is kept clean, well maintained, and is as up to date as possible. I deeply apologize that we did not fulfill your expectations but I will make sure to investigate this review with my housekeeping manager and I assure you all issues covered will be addressed immediately. Unfortunately the weekend you stayed with us, due to high temperatures often peaking in the 100's, our hallway AC compressor was overworked. This problem was taken care of as quickly as possible. We were able to find a brand new compressor that can keep up with extremely high heat index's and it has since been ordered and installed. Lastly, we have been part of the Spartanburg community for over 13 years and have never had any issues regarding guest safety. We take your safety EXTREMELY serious. The Spartanburg County Police Headquarters is located directly behind us and they are asked to patrol our parking lot hourly to ensure your protection. Thank you again for your candid review and insight on our property. It helps us to focus on certain areas we may have overlooked. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.