“Incompetent, liars and thieves.”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
“Incompetent, liars and thieves.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The duration of my stay was "quality." Everything was mediocre; the rooms, service, ect. I stayed in room 219- I found hairs on the "clean" towels...thankfully, I brought my own from home.
Regarding the dishonesty of the male receptionist (the female was phenomenal,) after I returned from my trip, I realized I left a piece of luggage. I called and asked about it and spoke with the male receptionist and he put me on hold until the phone rung again. He kept answering as if he just sat there, being unoccupied of his new request (finding my bag.) finally he put me on hold for longer, more convincing time- then told me that it was never turned in. He said that it wasn't there, however, I know for a fact that I left it in my room, hanging on the rack in the vanity area outside the bathroom. It was NOWHERE else. So, for kicks, I called once more and was told the same by the same male receptionist. Later on, I called and the female receptionist answered and I told her about the incident. She proceeded to actually write down the description of my bag and confirmed my number and told me that I would be contacted the next day-even if it was still "missing." So the next day, called again...the male receptionist answered and said that it wasn't there; as if I'm the liar. He said he would contact his manager and I insisted that I would instead (no trust in him) so I asked for his general manager and he said his name was "Vinu" which according to the replies from the manager on here, his name is KIRBY MACK.
There is something really wrong here and it needs to be addressed.
Ultimately, my bag was stolen or thrown in the garbage and nobody is going to tell the truth. I know for a fact I left it there, I am 100% correct. Upon checking in, the female receptionist even confirmed my address just in case I left something, they could ship it to my home.
Quality Inn and Suites of Spartanburg, Simuel Road, will never receive reservations from me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dmeasterling
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us. we appreciate your comment. we care about your concern . I am "vinu" (Vinubhai Vaghani) as a general manager here at quality in & suite ,Spartanburg.SC. I did enquired about your missing beg with house keeping staff and front desk staff. Front desk attendant talk with you and put you on hold to look in loss and found log and enquire with house keeping staff about beg and he replied that we did not found any thing from your room. House keeping supervisor also gone to room and look in every corner of room to find beg but she did not find any thing from room. we feel that your beg is valuable for you but we are sorry we did not find beg in your room after you check out. Front desk attendant gave you name of general manager is vinu that is correct. Kirby Mark use to work here as general manager but not now.
After two day of check out you realize that your beg is missing and you are blaming hotel about your missing beg that is not fare.
Again We thank you for your comment and stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canton, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were on our way from central Florida to southern Indiana for a weeklong visit. On the way up, our car broke down near Spartanburg. After our emergency tow to the Quality Inn, where we had a reservation, it was great to get in at 2am and have our room waiting. Unfortunately, we had to rent a car for the rest of the trip then come back here on our way home to drop off the rental car and pick up our fixed car. Enough of that. The rooms are clean and not FREEZING as so many in room units can be. I also wanted to give a shout out to Tara at the front desk who helped while we were stranded in our car and gave us a few numbers to try. I didn't plan on staying another night here at the end of our stay (Monday/Labor Day), but there was a room waiting for us at a very decent rate. Got to meet Tara and tell her thanks for her kindness to a frazzled tourist! It's worth an overnight stay. Not much to do here, but if you're on the road, it's a clean bed in a clean room.

Room Tip: We only stayed on the 2nd floor both times. The hallways are quite warm, but the A/C units are quie...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 31 October 2014

Richmond, Va
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff were very friendly and the room was clean, but the hotel looks worn. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I would stay here again if needed, but I think I will find a newer place next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
QualityGMSC429, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are under new management, and will be undergoing renovations within the next few months so hopefully with our updates you will find us to be your resting place whenever you are in the Spartanburg area.

canton
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I checked in around 1:00 in the morning exhausted. The front desk told me that it was no problem checking out at 1:00 in the afternoon the next day if I needed sleep. The room had a fresh smell and looked clean. Microwave, fridge and ice machines were all nice to have. They looked new as well. They are strict on no smoking, but I find that a plus in my book. Although we didn't get a chance to swim, the pool looked kept up and it was a nice area for laying out.
Moreover, They had a breakfast that hit the spot. There was fruit, hot do it yourself waffles, cereal, eggs (hard boiled or made in circles to make into a breakfast mcmuffin type of thing), and your typical muffins and jelly rolls. They had a high chair for my daughter (most hotels in this price range don't get those details) and the staff was a true reflection of southern hospitality. They looked happy to be there. For the price, you can't beat it (other hotels in the area average around 125 a night). The crowd that stayed there were mostly traveling families. Some of the other posts mentioned older decor, but this is swapped out. The bedding was new, from what I understand, as of the month we stayed. The owner is putting a lot of heart and money into turning this place around.

Room Tip: the elevator is a little noisy, so perhaps request a room away from it. It wasn't a huge deal, j...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The staff at the counter were great and very friendly. Check in was fast. The front entrance is a little shabby, but the interior is fine. The elevator is very slow so in a busy time, you can wait a long time. The room was clean and ok for the price. The breakfast is the typical one you get in hotels today, there was a good choice of cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles and danish. Only complaint was that the coffee in the pots was not hot. The parking area is well lit.

Room Tip: no tips for this report
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Tara could easily work the front desk at a higher rated hotel. Everything else is average from the carpeting to the breakfast to Grandma's 1980s floral bedspreads. Vinyl tub/shower was clean without issue. I suggest getting a room on the top floor to cut down on noise. It's fine if all you're looking for is a safe, clean bed to crash on for a night.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Secret T
QualityGMSC429, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback in regards to our staff! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We are actually putting new bed spreads into our rooms this week, so we are saying "goodbye" to 80s style covers & "hello" modern day bedding!

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations with fresher options the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

K. Batteaste
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Ive always stayed at this hotel when it was Fairfield Inn. And a good bit of times since the change. Ive always been satisfied with the service, Front desk Tara customer service was always excellent. So this past weekend I came into the hotel and Tara greeted me and checked me in. Excellent everything about her. So I get to my room start unpacking a few things. I come in the bathroom ato find hair on the floor and in the shower. The tissue on the roll was so low both of them and they had the nerve to try to fold the ends to make it look nice. The long mirror on the wall had looked like something had driped down it and dryed out. Once I got to the bed I notice that ther was a couple stains on the cover, I didnt want to complian I had already had a long day so I just took the cover off sat it on the floor and the top sheet. Ok so next morning the house keeper knocked on the door and ask if I need anything I told him that I need everthing. I need this whole room cleaned. He says ok. I leave out and come back about 12:30pm. Only to find tht he didnt clean the bathroom, he only changed one roll of tissue, the hair was still on the floor and shower the drips were still on the mirror and the same cover that I had on that floor with the stains on them he put right back on the bed. I was so furious I packed all my stuff and cut my weekend short, I went back home. I will never ever ever stay at this hotel again. I wasted 200 dollars last weekend here. The only thing good about this experience was Tara. I wish I wouldve went with my first instinct to stayed at the Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Jay 980.
Thank you for your review about our hotel. I did not find your stay at our hotel in our system. If you provide me your stay information I will look in your review and will definitely correct problem to provide better stay experience. we are committed to provide home away home experience to our beloved guest.
Again thank you for our hotel review.

Travellers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels