“Great place to stay if you plan on staying for a week or more.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.
Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Josh the manager here was incredibly friendly helpful and knowledgeable. He and his staff helped with everything I needed and made sure I was comfortable. Clean and affordable rooms. If I'm ever in the area again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. As well, it's great to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable rate. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were put in a room that was filled with roaches when I called the front desk I was informed that they thought they might have to fumigate but wasn't sure, it was horrible! I was moved to a different room which was a downgrade from the original room and then I was discounted for 1 day on a 3 day stay

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nesadr1
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I think that if you are having one of those snob moments then common sense should tell you that a hotel that only costs 40.00 a night can't be offering but so much. I have seen some of the horrid things listed and I am glad to say that we did not suffer any of those things. Our room was beyond clean. The kitchenette was efficient. The toiletries are limited-bring your own shampoo if you are not use to doing so. I only had two issues: I booked through hotwire and got screwed. There was only ONE bed that hurt like hell the mattress was so hard and that was a SERIOUS inconvenience. There isn't a sofa in the room and there are no roll out beds. There is a reclining chair but it doesn't recline far. I also was a bit uneasy that their railings are pvc. Though our daughter has been taught not to be leaning or playing on railings-had she been like the average child and been disobedient about this we would have found ourselves at the local hospital.

Room Tip: Don't use hotwire! check for proper accommodations
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angelina S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

No, this hotel does not compare with the Hilton... ANY Hilton, but they don't pretend to do so. This is an inexpensive extended stay hotel. It is a place that you will let you save money on a hotel.

My criticisms first: I have that the fridge is one of those tiny frat-house fridges. I wish there were an oven in the 'kitchen'. The Satellite tv gets neither the History Channel nor Food Network and those are the only two channels that interest me. The room is small but for the price that's understandable.

Other than that...

The rooms and grounds are clean. My room didn't smell of mold or anything. Housekeeping comes once a week and cleans and changes the linens (and they do a good job of it). When the inevitable little things pop up the staff is responsive. They are always courteous.

For this kind of hotel this is one of the best that I've seen

Room Tip: I asked for and got a ground floor room. At my age navigating stairs, especially with groceries is p...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed a week in this hotel while training for a job in Spartanburg, my employer booked the hotel because of the extended stay. The hotel looks good on the outside, however it is located in "The Ghetto". I carried pepper spray with me every time I left the room. When I arrived at 9pm at night on a Sunday, there were teenaged boys running around and yelling. The room was not kept up well, the furniture was worn and the room was very small. There was food crums and candy under the bed and pet hairs all over the chair. My refrigerator didn't work, someone had broken the knob, and there is no ice machine on the premises. I had brought food with me in a cooler, and what needed to go in the refrigerator went bad. The next morning I had to go to the front desk to request a blow dryer, my bathtub was not draining and I told the front desk person about the refrigerator not work. The maintenance man was standing there and was totally aware of the problems with the room. Really? You knew these problems existed with the room and you still rented it out? It was just a really bad experience and I hope the company reads this and changes their facilities or people read this and don't stay there unless you like the ghetto.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sabrina C
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Sabrina – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I will review our guest protocol with our staff so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, sbg@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The landscape of Crossland is beautiful. The buildings are kept up real nice. You feel like you're about to stay in a really nice place. Until you see your room. It's like jumping through a portal to the crack motel downtown Atlanta!! Def not worth what I paid for that NASTY of a room!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the condition of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure that these problems do not occur in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sbg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel was taken over after previously being an Extended Stay America hotel. We have often stayed at ESA across the country and found them to be convenient, clean, good value with microwaves, dishes, refrigerators, etc. This hotel was reserved because of the convenience on my route and the fact that the pet fee was not $100.00 a night!
I was disappointed in the quality: barely clean, looked shabby and made me feel insecure travelling by myself with our dog. I would not stay there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spartanburg
Quality Inn and Suites
Days Inn Spartanburg
Days Inn Spartanburg
#9 of 29 in Spartanburg
Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.

Address: 130 Mobile Dr, Spartanburg, SC 29303-2025 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Spartanburg
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Price Range: £43 - £45 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios Spartanburg - Asheville Highway. We are located within walking distance to several different dining and shopping options. Our property is right off of Interstate 85. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Spartanburg