“Holiday Inn: Spartanburg”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Atlanta, GA
“Holiday Inn: Spartanburg”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I booked this hotel online and made the mistake of securing a smoking room and I don't smoke. The hotel was booked solid and the staff attempted to get me changed over but couldn't. Even though the room wasn't very smoky (I am highly allergic to smoke), you could tell people had smoked there in the past. Other than that one problem (which was my cross to bear), the hotel is great. The rooms are comfortable and the color scheme is really pleasant.

The staff are very friendly and did everything that they could to assist me. Each night I arrived, all of the complimentary cookies had been devoured. I was craving something sweet so one of the staff found a bag that a former guest had left and got me a chocolate bar. It was wonderful and I thank her for that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TheresaM880, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear JohnathonL,

Thank You for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Spartanburg North. I hate that you were booked in a smoking room. I'm pleased to see that our staff was accomadating for you. I will share your comments with them. Again Thank You for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Rooms:
Stayed in a double queen room. Everything was clean. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Updated appointments to the room. Flat-screen TV, small coffee maker, ironing board, hair dryer and a few toiletries. My only criticism is the internet connection was very weak.

Location:
Conveniently located near the Mall area of the city.

Food:
The free breakfast dining area was lovely and the attendant exuded southern charm. Nice options were available, from healthy cereals and fruit, to eggs and sausage, pancakes and cinnamon rolls. All of the food seemed fresh and well-maintained.

If in Spartanburg again, I would definitely stay here for value and service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear AtltravelmOm,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Spartanburg North. I appreciate the nice comments on the hotel and staff. I do want to apologize for the poor internet connection. We have called our internet provider and asked them to check on this right away. I hope the next time your in Spartanburg you come back to see us.
Mill Spring, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 February 2014

we really enjoyed our stay at the holiday inn in Spartanburg we were greeted by Shawn at the front desk and she act like she had known us forever and was really happy to see us. My husband has a bad back and he said that the bed was great and he really slept good we are telling all our friends to stay when they can and about the friendly staff. Also our room on check in was really clean and I just loved the large bathroom. Great place to stay keep up the good work.

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor at the end and it was really quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Dodge 2002,

I want to thank you for staying with us at the Hoilday Inn Express. We are so pleased that Shaun was such a delight to the both of you. I will let the housekeeping know that they are doing a good job also. I hope the next time your in the Spartanburg area you come back to stay with us.

I hope you have have a Wonderful Day
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I would rate this between a "good" and "very good" because of some things. First, easy access to highway, places to eat, etc. Front desk was friendly, and room was clean, bed was good. I was sad to see there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room like in other HI Express hotels I've stayed in. My wife and I were also really bummed that there was no jacuzzi/hot tub, just an indoor pool.

The other thing that could be improved was breakfast. The younger girl who was handling food wearing a hooded sweatshirt with headphones in her ears was very unprofessional and smelled like bad body odor. The older lady working was rude when I asked if they had any more ripe bananas as the bananas that were out were completely green. The eggs were old and dry and tasted horrible.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator which is quite loud.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank squeege777
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear squeege 777,

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how we are doing. Please accept my apologies for both of the breakfast attendants. I will be talking with them about the importance of good hygene and good customer service. If you would like to talk about this any futher please contact the hotel directly. Next time your in the Spartanburg area please come back and see us.

Have a Wonderful Day
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were leaving from GSP Airport and needed a hotel near the Interstate for quick access. We were pleased with the offerings at this property. Quick check in, elite status recognition with gift, warm cookies, and a super room made this a great choice. Our room was clean and spacious. Our room faced the parking lot so we were not bothered by any interstate noise. The hotel is located along an exit so there are several restaurants close by as well as places to gas up. We had a chance to speak with several of the staff; front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast attendant were all very friendly and took the time to answer our various questions. There is ample free parking for cars and larger vehicles with easy access.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear TravelnurseUSA,

Thank You for staying with us and giving us your feedback. I will post this for are staff to see. I hope next time your in Spartanburg you will come back to see us.

Have a Wonderful Day
Heppenheim, Germany
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed to weeks due to business. 4th floor nonsmoker.
Typical HOLIDAY INN Express, but due to the very near Interstate too loud.

Negativ:
If you stay two weeks like we have done.then Breakfast has no variations , every bread is wrapped in foil, pancakemachine very often out of service
Housekeeping is poor, emptying of litter, making bed, but very often the "complimetary coffee" was not filled up, floormat in bath dirty, sometimes no fill up of soap etc., I was missing vacuumcleaning and there were long black hair in the bathroom on the floor.
The Hall and elevator is very offten dirty and the tilefloor partly sticky.....

No fridge and microwave as I get used from a lot of hotels in the States.

Positiv:
Friendly staff at reception, lots of free parking, eveningcookies,

Result: I prefer clean hotel with fridge and microwave

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank gmjk
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear gmjk,

Please accept my apologize for the problems you had with your stay. We strive on making every guest happy and I see we didn't do that with you. I will talk with our housekeeping staff to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Lake Alfred, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Exhausted after packing to move. Made it only 90 miles and found this place to stay. Checked in, no reservation. Found out Bojangles would provide chicken strips/sauce/biscuits and wine/beer,soft drinks and water. What a blessing. I was too tired to go get something. Slept well. People ALL very friendly. This is only 3 nights a week. AWESOME.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. I was too tired to enjoy indoor pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Xangotravler,

Thank You for staying with us and giving us such good reviews. I happy to hear that you enjoyed are managers reception. I hope when you visit Spartanburg again you make this the place to stop.