“nice place”

Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed 31 July 2014

enjoyed the room beds where very comfortable, only downside wifi was very poor but was staying in top floor room on one end, figured I was the to far away. rooms where clean and breakfast bar was good.

Room Tip: don't get the top end rooms because poor internet

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as an overnight stop on the way to our family vacation and I'm so glad we did. My parents stayed as well my family and they got there well before we did. They asked for both of us to have rooms on the second floor and the hotel accommodated without a hitch! My husband & I were traveling with our 9 month old so a comfortable, nice hotel was of the up most importance. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and it was very easy to get on & off the interstate. The breakfast was great as well & frequently restocked. I have only two "complaints" although these are not enough to deter me from this hotel. The walls must be thin as we could slightly hear our neighbors and it was hard to get water hot enough for my comfort level for the shower (but I like really hot showers & my husband thought it was just fine). Plan to stay here next year on the way to vacay again!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andiro12
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stopped at the welcome center and they helped direct us to this hotel. It was very late and we were very tired. The hotel was very nice and looked just like new. The front desk was very helpful and nice. The room was huge and the bed is one of the best I've ever slept on. The breakfast was better than most as well!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice clean hotel. Breakfast was decent. Offered both hot and cold choices. Check in and out was very easy. Made reservations through Comfort Suites website and had no issues. Great location as it is near tons of places to go to eat. Seems like a decent area surrounding as well. The room we had was mostly pretty quiet. People above us I could barely hear stomping on their floor. Plenty of space in the room we had. My wife, 7yr old son and I had booked a 2 double bed room. We had enough space to layout all of our luggage and other things we brought with us. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, both clean and in perfect working order. The room also had a decent flat screen tv, wifi and room safe. I could not for the life of me get my laptop on their wifi but had no problem getting my iphone and ipad on it. The only thing critical I can find about this hotel is the laptop connection to the wifi and that they charge $1.50 extra for the room safe that is already included in the room.. so your price on the reservation won't match what is actually billed.. This is very weird to me since it's not like you have a choice to not have a room safe.aa at least nothing was said or offered. The front-desk person just said initial these places here when we checked in. I wanted one anyway so I was happy to still pay $1.50 for it regardless... just thought it should already be part of the price for the room so that all charges are upfront when the reservation is made.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean decent stay.

1  Thank sowndmanpfn
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean and crisp. Breakfast was good. Easy check-in, check-out. We had a coupon for a very nice rate which makes it an even better value. Would stay here again in a minute. No complaints

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I got married in Spartanburg on June 21st, and booked two night stay at this hotel. I stayed at the hotel the night before my wedding day, and used the room as a central location for getting ready with my bridal party and on location hair/makeup artists the day of my wedding, and my new husband and I returned to the hotel after the wedding. Throughout the duration of our stay, the staff was very pleasant and accommodated my every need, and helped make my wedding day morning stress free! For instance, I brought wine to drink as us girls were getting ready but I forgot the wine bottle opener. The lady at the front desk was more than happy to let me borrow one..little things like that helped make our stay here so nice! Our room was very clean and smelled nice upon entering, and it was also well lit and quite spacious which allowed plenty of room for us to spread out and get ready. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and the best part was that it all came at a price that was about half what I was quoted at the Marriott downtown (which doesn't have nearly as many positive reviews). I would definitely stay here again and there's no wonder why it stays booked..a great hotel!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have now stayed at the Comfort Suites a few times now and it is everything but disappointing.
First night I arrived there were a bunch of contractors intern parking lot drinking and on a differnt stay had one follow me in the elevator twice and felt very unsafe.
Room was not cleaned for a few days.
Hallway was not vacuumed as a trail of crumbs was there all week.
Receptionist is more concerned about flirting with the guys than helping people.
Breakfast is horrible. Now have to bring my own or go out.
Wifi goes out every 10 mins and have to re-connect.
So I will no longer be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014