“Classy and well run”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spartanburg
Inn on Main of Spartanburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Spartanburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nicely appointed room with interesting taxidermy specimens here and there. Comfortable and clear, with a decent sized bed and a good mattress. Very nice balcony at the front of the building. Although the place is probably only about a 100 years old, it does have that classic historic US vibe to it.
The communal breakfast around a large table is a good chance to meet and chat with other people. The breakfast is excellent and plentiful too.
Parking is to the right and around the back of the building. It is a good ten to fifteen minute walk to the centre of town. We were there on Palm Sunday, and it became immediately apparent that we were surrounded by churches and places of worship, so no worries about noisy neighbours.
We found the customer service to be excellent and really enjoyed the stay.
The only slight downside is that the bathroom was a little snug, but perfectly fine for overnight.

Room Tip: Lugging the bags from the rear car park is a bit of a chore. Unload on the main road and then park.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon S

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had a most enjoyable stay here recently. It's a delightful old house, very spacious and tastefully furnished, and you are given the run of all the large downstairs rooms. Bedroom was very well equipped with private bath. Very quiet to sleep in. My hosts are extremely welcoming, kind, and generous people. It was a pleasure to meet them. Breakfast was more than ample. The inn is also well placed for the very pleasant centre of Spartanburg. Highly recommended all round.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am a repeat customer. I do not say this lightly when I say that I travel a fair amount for business and the Inn on Main is without question the best place that I have ever stayed at !!!

I don't know where to begin other to say that Susan and Wayne have created a wonderful sense of home and family. After my return in 2014 after a 2013 visit, I was greeted with a "Welcome Home".

The rooms are impeccable, neat, clean and in perfect (absolute perfect) condition. The atmosphere brings you back to a simpler time of horses and railroad but yet it has every necessary modern convenience (wifi, printers, etc.).

The character of this inn is indescribable and you wish that walls could talk.

The breakfast is an experience you must have to appreciate. A big southern breakfast around the dining room table complete with goodwill and camaraderie. It's a must for any weary traveler missing home. For those especially outgoing people, coffee at the same table at night is also a nice nightcap.

Well, as luck would have it, I will be back in Spartanburg in October.........I cannot wait to stay.......again !!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This Inn was simply the best!! The breakfast was outstanding rain was perfect wonderful innkeepers loved every minute of it The weather was very cold was only downside would love to go back and summer Spartanburg is a beautiful town they even had ice-skating in the Square

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Love the Inn On Main,this B&B made my 32 Birthday my best yet wonderful rooms breakfast out of this world and hospitality you won't get anywhere eles I am already planing my next stay at this amazing B&B!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I happened to stumble upon the Inn by accident and was I ever lucky. I travel a great deal for business (once every 2 -3 months lately) and by far, this was the best place I have ever stayed at. It sure beats the run of the mill Marriot or Ramada. Wayne and Susan are tremendous people who just exude warmth. I stayed in the Revolutionary War Room and loved it. I enjoyed coffee and conversation at the dining room table in the evening and a great country breakfast in the morning. Peace, tranquility and a sense of history from a bygone era await you. I will be back in Spring and can’t wait. I will try a different room this time. An absolute must for any traveler, you will be doing yourself a favor.

Room Tip: They are all great but if you desire a bathtub, check the room descriptions.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

but with a area location in the middle of the town we were not comfortable with.My wife was concerned that the car was safe being parked there.We went to find a restaurant and all we could find was a few shady bars,so we departed the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple