“Horrible..”

Nu Way
Ranked #64 of 332 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: A dive with the best "Redneck cheeseburger" in town and a surprising number of good beers on tap. people have used Tripadvisor as a way to say the Chick Fil A is one of the best restaurants in town while the Nu Way isn't even on the list. It's awful!
“Horrible..”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stopped here yesterday on a poker run.. I ordered hot dogs, onion rings, and drinks.. The hot dogs came not right, the onion rings were anything but that (they need to get some lessons from the clock on onion rings). They were horrible.. regardless of that and the fact the hot dogs weren't made right, I still took a bite of the hot dog and was going to eat because I was hungry. The hpt dog tasted terrible so we gave the plate back.. the drinks were already paid for but they were not supposed to charge my card for the food but after calling for my card details this morning, they did in fact charge my card anyway. The guy that brought the food said himself that the onion rings looked nasty and like something was wrong with the food but the lady we spoke to abput it all just quickly grabbed the plate and got an attitude, told me my wasn't charged when it was.. Soo we left, I had that one bite of a hot dog and started feeling sick immediately, about 30min later I was throwing up. Horrible experience!!!

• Visited August 2014

Greenville, South Carolina
“Great burgers, cool place!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Based on George Singleton's recommendation in Garden & Gun, we headed over to the Hub City tonight to checkout Nu-Way and were not disappointed! The burgers and dogs were just delish, not sure I've ever had a better burger. The flavor reminded me of the small Southern town cafes of my childhood, where house-made chili was served on every burger. We will definitely be going back. If I could give it 4.5/5, I would!

• Visited August 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“It's a Beer and Burger Dive”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I lived in Spartanburg for five years, and to say the town isn't short on grease spoons, including the Beacon, would be putting it mildly. That being said, myself and many others preferred certain joints over the Beacon - one being Nu-Way Lounge. Trips here were either for the occasional lunch, late night drinks with friends. The bottom line is this:

This is a old dive that sells good beer and great burgers. It's dark on the inside, and some might even say "shady" or "sketch", but it's part of the draw of the Nu-Way. If you're familiar with old mill towns down South, you know places like this are part of the blue-collar heritage and history. Certain people will appreciate the atmosphere, others won't...but rest assured, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone complaining about the food.

• Visited July 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

So, reading these reviews and a couple words of mouth, when we wanted a good hamburger, we headed to Nu-Way. This night it ended up a mistake!

We entered and didn't even get anyone to our table for at least five minutes. When the server arrived, she was polite and said she was sorry that it was so busy she couldn't keep up. I noted about a dozen or so people. We ordered our drinks and a wings appetizer for myself and she ran off before we could order the cheese sticks.

She brought a glass of wine and a sample of the local brew, I approved, asked for a big glass of it, and tried to order our meals… but she ran off.

Ten minutes passed, no beer, no server to take our main order. She then came back to write down our appetizer order, apparently 15min ago she never wrote it down. She also told us that despite it being "wings night" no one thought to thaw any out, so it would be quite awhile before we got our appetizer, IF she ever actually PLACED the order…

We had been there over 20min. I still did not have a beer, our order was never placed, and they didn't have their special anyhow. All of this at 730pm on a Wed night.

She said it was because it "was so busy". Yet, I watched a person at the bar hold up an empty beer can, and he had a full one in his hands in 20sec. Plus several others get refills not too much slower. Since it took 20min to not get a beer, we didn't wait to see how long it would take to thaw our food.

I'm new in town. I guess it shows. Keep on going to No-Way locals, I guess you are the ones who get good service. I'll keep going to Wild Wing Cafe. I got a beer there in 2min. Our wigs in 5min. And our burgers before we finished our wings. The server was friendly, fast, efficient and had a LOT more than 15 people to wait on...

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank s g
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Great burger, average service.”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Place is too small to house the tiniest crowd. Beer prices are pretty good. Burgers are OK too if you don't mind the hole in the wall it is made in.

• Visited August 2013