“Outstanding!!!!”

Inman, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't even know this place existed until my Uncle took me for Lunch one day. WOW! The food was crazy good, value was outstanding and the Host was gracious, kind and funny! The food was very authentic, best I've ever had actually. I will be going back here anytime I'm in the area.
You owe it to yourself to stop in here!

• Visited July 2014

Lebanon, New Jersey
“Wow!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Been hearing rave reviews about this place and finally made it. Reviews spot on! The food was fabulous...jerk chicken, beef barbacoa, pork with mojo. And the sides, mmmm. Best tamale I've ever had. To top it all off, the host is really great. Made us feel at home. Coming back here for sure. Did I mention the prices? Best deal around. If you're in the mood for Cuban-inspired cuisine in the area, look no further.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Greg C
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Everything Tastes Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I had a mango smoothie. Then ordered picadillo with ripe plaintains, red beans, and white rice.

Mango smoothie was excellent! The sweetness was just right - it tasted natural. The picadillo was excellent too! I loved the sides, especially the ripe plaintains.

My husband had a cuban sandwich. He said was great - the sandwich wasn't greasy like other cuban sandwiches he's tasted.

I have nothing negative to say about this place, even the service was very good. I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends.

1 Thank NatureLover82
“Really delicious Cuban”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

... and Cuban-inspired food. My Puerto Rican girlfriend swears by its authenticity. GREAT mango & papaya licuados. Scrumptious guava and coconut cakes. Shrimp and chicken dishes of varying spiciness. I *love* the various versions of rice (white and yellow) and beans.

Nothing negative to report!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DavidC8
Charlotte
“Sweet”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Combined Franci E and Jack S recommendations to enjoy the Cuban sandwich and the mango shake. Both were wonderful. However I was a little jealous of my friend's plate. He had the Picadillo, yellow rice and beans and a beef tamale. I had never had a Cuban sandwich before, so had to go with that craving. Will look to expand my horizons on next visit in April (have another business trip planned).

Service was excellent, though we didn't get the owner as much at our table. There was a bigger dinner party he was working with. However he did come over and spend some time with us, as well as helped his young waitress fill our order. Meanwhile, she was personable and fun. As it turns out, the mango shake can be made either as a smoothie or slurpee. When I couldn't decide which way to try it, she said "I'll surprise you." She brought out the smoothie version. Loved it!!!

I also had the plantains. Juicy and sweet. Can't blame them, but I don't like plantain chips, which come with the Cuban... so the plentiful amount they put on the plate got wasted. If you like them, you'll probably enjoy the serving. Also, they don't serve beer or alcohol. I wonder if they allow you to bring your own, or have corking fee if you bring wine.

Tip - park in the back. You'll be able to walk right into the outside seating, or proceed into the restaurant. The outside has a nice garden-walk affect that I would bet looks real nice in the warm weather because it seems like the trees would have leaves, etc.
Keep your eyes open... you could miss the place. Yet, once you know where it is, it's pretty obvious.
Closed Sundays.

I gave the owner a Trip Advisor decal to display on his window.
2 BURPS Up for me