“The BEST Restaurant in town!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #39 of 326 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Inman, South Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST Restaurant in town!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I want everyone to know what an amazing family owned restuarant La Taverna is!! I have been going to La Taverna since they opened and it is authentic Italian cuisine. The owners, Rosario and Maria, are wonderful and talented and have a great staff. Everyone feels welcome and the food is out of this world!! Everything is fresh and made to perfection!! The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the wait staff is very knowledgable and friendly. It is sad that "Martha A" has a personal problem and is taking it out on an innocent and wonderful restuarant!! She must just be an unhappy person.
La Taverna is an exceptional restaurant!!!!! You should go and find out for yourself!!! I know you will love La Taverna as much as my family, friends and I do!!!

• Visited October 2013

Moore, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian ever! Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I don't know what "Martha" is so angry about, but it seems she should take time to check her facts before posting them in a public forum. I have eaten at this restaurant since it opened, plus i worked here for more than two years, and I can testify to the fact that employees who work well and do their jobs are treated well. Rosario and Maria are great people, and certainly do not deserve the disrespect presented here by "Martha"! It is true that Maria does not speak fluent English, but why would anyone hold that against her? I don't speak Italian, but they never held that against me when I worked in this Italian restaurant! I learned to pronounce the dishes on the menu through Rosario and Maria's patient guidance. The food here is exceptional and I, for one, do not understand why anyone would ever want to eat "Italian chain restaurant food" when we have this excellent authentic Italian restaurant right here in Spartanburg! I had the Penne Bella for lunch today...best vodka sauce anywhere! Rosario's skill in the kitchen in unmatched! I have never had a bad meal here! I can also testify to the fact that the workers in the back are well paid, and although they work long hours as most restaurant workers do, they are well fed and it is NOT just pasta and red sauce every day. I have worked the straight through shift many times, and have had a variety of food, all delicious, and the back of the house staff ate the same thing as me. Rosario is generous to a fault and very good to his long-time employees. The people who don't make it there are the ones who have no respect and are not willing to keep an open mind and learn about authentic Italian cuisine. The reason you see different staff here a lot is that Rosario does not put up with inefficient, lazy workers and, for the most part, that is what Spartanburg has to offer! Judy has been there for several years, and she is excellent! So is Gabby in the back! He has been there for years, and certainly would not have stayed if he was mistreated. Martha needs to do more research! I suspect she is either a "sour-grapes" ex-employee who didn't make it, or a relative or friend of the same.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cheri A
Upstate, SC
“Our Favorite Italian in Spartanburg”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My family has enjoyed dining at La Taverna since it opened. Since then we have been to Italy and experienced the culture, the passion Italians have for life and food that Chef Rossario tries to bring to us in Spartanburg, SC. I have ordered many different entrees/ specials for dinner and lunch.The flavorful sauces and combinations of ingredients are what sets this restaurant apart from all others. Any order can be custom made and all menu items are tasteful and prepared fresh. There are no heavy garlicky tastes. Try the house salad dressing, or ask for a taste of it. It is a wonderful pink creamy basil; not like anything I've had before. My husband always goes for Seafood Maria or Adriatica. I order the Chicken Milanese when it is available and enjoy the many regular menu selections. Dinner portions are large. e.g. 2 chicken breast filets.... Perfect for a reheatable lunch the next day if you don't have a big appetite..Lunch portions of the same item are lesser in quantity and price with no salad. Pizza is a popular choice. Not a surprise since Rossario has a beautiful mural of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius on the back wall.

When the food is great, I can overlook a few negative comments on customer service....Just don't make the same mistake that I have.... they are CLOSED on Mondays!

• Visited September 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Great Food.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Eat Here Several Times A Year And It Is Always Good. Lots Of Choices From Pasta To Pizza. Much Better Than The Chain Places.

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Not Bad and Willing to Try Again”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I am not an Italian food expert but everyone at my table (8 people) thought their food was really good. I ordered the Shrimp Scampi with a side salad. I don't eat pasta and italian food often but the shrimp seemed really good. The angel hair pasta was okay. The side salad was really fresh and their house salad dressing was homemade and really good. They also served baskets of bread and butter before the meal and the bread was really good.

The service was slow, especially considering there were hardly any other customers there. The employees seemed grumpy and not has smily and outgoing as other places. I thought the prices were too high. For what I described above with a glass of water and no desert was $18. That includes the tax and tip. If I ever get the chance I would like to visit again because I would like to try some of the other dishes they offer since they get good reviews here and my tablemates thought their orders were really good.

• Visited August 2013