“Good Stay and convenient off I-26”

Rodeway Inn Expo Center
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Whittier, North Carolina
“Good Stay and convenient off I-26”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Friendly and helpful staff made our overnight stay pleasant. Fatz Cafe was within walking distance and the mall was just one exit up. Far enough away for relaxing yet close enough for convenience. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Randy T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Red Roof reps must never visit their property or they would tear their banner down. I've stayed in Red Roofs all over the country and this is the worst. Trash everyone, Property totally run down both inside and outside. Top it off with uncaring clerks. Didn't seem to bother them that they had to cut my key card twice to get it to work involving my returning to reception twice. Stay away. It's awful. It wouldn't be worth it if they let you stay for free.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank seadream698

Travellers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My overall opinion of this place is that it is run down. Many little things needed fixing. The pool was not open at all during my stay as far as I know. The continental breakfast was a big disappointment. My bed was not made during the time I was there except once. I had made the reservations online and confirmed them when I got there but somehow they still had me down as leaving after 7 days when I was actually staying 9. It was a disappointing stay overall. The only bright spot was that the staff were all very nice and friendly.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gracie0604
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stay again.very clean rooms the one housekeeper i meet this lady got on her knees n clean my bath room very good i told her.now this lady told me she been working at the hotel for years now she also told me she enjoyed clean.just to let manger know this lady did a very good job i tryed to pay this young lady n she look at me n told me she cant take my money she just doing her job.i will come back n stay if this young lady is working she told me her name but i forgot it but she also told me she do the laundry too.thanks mrs.brown

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Mrssallyb
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

The room was dirty, smelled awful (non-smoking) and the sheets were dingy and stained in some spots. It looked like someone had urinated on one of the comforters. The pool looked green and a guy tried to sell us stolen jewelry in the parking lot. Take your family somewhere else.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
sanjay s, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Expo Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2015

Property CHI
Gm
Rodeway inn
864-541-7750
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is the followup Red Roof Inn review from my Kentucky one. Hubby and I stayed 6 nights at this Spartanburg Red Roof Inn, so I have a pretty good idea of what is and what is lacking in this hotel.
The best asset this hotel has is the staff! Very helpful front desk (Jeannie) and super cleaning crew keep the place going, but only on a shoe string. I am being critical, but not in a mean way, but in a constructive way, so this hotel can prosper, and compete.
We ate the "continental" breakfast twice during this stay. The offerings were sparse: consisted of danish, or those hostess type pecan roll with no icing; two kinds of dry cereal, Raisin Bran on the bottom of the container, with a frosted bran flake poured over the raisin bran to fill the container, and Fruit Loops. There were two bowls of ice, one to hold milk, and the other to hold a gallon container of orange juice. The breakfast area has a juice dispenser, with " Out Of Order" sign taped to the front. Continuing, there is some swill that is offered for coffee, but is probably that chock of nuts or something else. Not good at all. To add injury to the insult, the Coffee Mate liquid quart of creamer is left out, and when dispensed in my cup, fell out of the spicket with a plop.....There is also bread and toast, but I did not see any jellies or butter to accompany.
This hotel is shabby, and has a disheveled look, all because it needs a facility manager. The dining area for breakfast has most ceiling lights out, most table legs have been "fixed" with duct tape, (man thing) and there is no employee assigned to bus tables, and wipe the counter where people fix their food. The trash containers are constantly filled, and overlflowing, and were only emptied on my floor corner once in the 6 nights we were here. There are several lights in the hall and stairwell areas that are out, and would make it difficult for the elderly or even me to navigate at night.
The ice machine simply barely works. Most of the time it was out of ice, and at 8 AM the first morning, I was able to get an ice bucket almost full, after pushing the button at least 25 times.
The pool was fine, and I used it twice. I asked for pool towels, and Jeannie at the front desk had to leave her post and get them for me. The pool does have a green tint, but that is the color of the liner. Finally, the whole place is in desperate need for a makeover, as there is trash, cigarette butts, cups, etc. scattered throughout the property. This place could use a good powerwashing, and then fresh paint would make it look 100% better.
The whole time here, in spite of the trash, I did not see one bug of any kind, and that is due to the supurb cleaning by the maid service.

Room Tip: Room 252! This room is a suite, and is about double the size of the other rooms. This room cost abo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Debster55
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We couldn't find a decently priced available hotel room for four in Spartenburg. So we called Red Roof and found them down the road a bit. They were pretty full and would only reserve over the phone with a credt card, no refunds. The sign said they had just reopened, and I wondered why they were closed in the first place. We needed some sleep away from the long road travel and with past good experience with Red RI, we booked. Continental breakfast-simple, McDonalds across the street-typical, unknown-named gas station adjacent, it was adequate. My husband was satisfied with experience. The kids in the small pool were thrilled.

• Stayed June 2012