“I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR!”

Rodeway Inn Expo Center
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Durham, New York
“I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in! Scale of 1-10 .... 3.5! We stayed here for a week mainly bc we are on the road traveling, and it was cheap ( I guess you get what you pay for) The entire time we were there no one ever came to change the sheets and every time we needed fresh towels and wash cloths we had to get them ourself. The pillows had stains and looked like someone urinated on them, the picture above the bed had dead flies in them, the tub was constantly stopped up and the room previously had animals in it (allergies acted up, that's how I know) I would NEVER in my life stay there or at any 'RED ROOF' for that matter just based on this one. I will say, the other people staying there were pretty nice other than that 2 thumbs DOWN! If I had additional hands they would have their thumbs down too! On top of all of that the girl at the front desk has a nasty attitude! Next time I will spend the extra money or just sleep in my car!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nikki w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This motel was ok for an overnight stay. The room was ok clean but the sheets had tears in them. Who puts out sheets with tears in them for their guest. I mean, come on!! The pillows, WOW those were pillows? My other concern with this room and the other room I stayed in 2 nights later was there was electrical outlets without covers exposing a possible electrical shock by anyone, especially little kids.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I'm not picky about where I sleep. I don't mind camping, sleeping in my car, or even in an old scout camp cabin. I don't require many amenities when I stay somewhere. But when I do pay for a hotel room, I expect certain things: towels, enough pillows, sheets and a mattress pad on the bed, and respect from the front desk when I give it to them. With that said, last night I stayed at the worst hotel I've ever seen, with the worst customer service: Red Roof Inn Spartanburg, exit 17 off I-26.

While the room itself was passable for clean, there was some serious issues with amenities. There was no coffee for the coffee pot. The bed had a threadbare cover and a flat sheet -- no fitted sheet, no mattress pad. There was only one bath towel (for two people). Only three pillows, on a King-sized bed, that were lumpy. When I asked the GM for additional towels, sheets and pillows... He told me that I didn't pay enough money to be given more! He resented that I got a discounted rate through Expedia. He also said he would prefer if I checked out early!

I did. And called several other hotels, who were more than willing to upgrade me to a feather bed, extra feather pillows, and a morning check-in so that I didn't sit around wasting my day!

In short, if you're in the Spartanburg area, avoid Red Roof Inn. As for me, no matter where I am, I will always avoid Red Roof Inn... The entire company. If they can't control one franchise, they must not have much concern at other places too!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frida H
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice room, on the first floor with a king bed. It was clean, large, well furnished, and a flat screen tv. Only problem, we requested extra pillows twice, once in person at front desk, and another time by phone, and never got them.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kytravel80
Whittier, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Friendly and helpful staff made our overnight stay pleasant. Fatz Cafe was within walking distance and the mall was just one exit up. Far enough away for relaxing yet close enough for convenience. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Randy T
Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Red Roof reps must never visit their property or they would tear their banner down. I've stayed in Red Roofs all over the country and this is the worst. Trash everyone, Property totally run down both inside and outside. Top it off with uncaring clerks. Didn't seem to bother them that they had to cut my key card twice to get it to work involving my returning to reception twice. Stay away. It's awful. It wouldn't be worth it if they let you stay for free.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank seadream698
Manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My overall opinion of this place is that it is run down. Many little things needed fixing. The pool was not open at all during my stay as far as I know. The continental breakfast was a big disappointment. My bed was not made during the time I was there except once. I had made the reservations online and confirmed them when I got there but somehow they still had me down as leaving after 7 days when I was actually staying 9. It was a disappointing stay overall. The only bright spot was that the staff were all very nice and friendly.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo