“Another Favorite... Thanks Trip Advisor”
Review of Bangkok Cafe

Bangkok Cafe
Ranked #34 of 326 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Description: There are two locations - also 1398 Boiling Springs Rd., 864-814-0418
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Another Favorite... Thanks Trip Advisor”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

In the area on business and took to Trip Advisor to find a local favorite. Once again they did not disappoint. Bangkok Café was tucked away in a small shopping center, but delivered great taste in a clean, friendly atmosphere. The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. Will definitely visit them again.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Thai food in Spartanburg”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for years ever since it first opened. The food has never failed to be fresh and tasty. About a year or so ago, the restaurant seemed to be less committed to customer service (we would ask for brown rice and get white, the servers would be too chatty with us), but lately customer service has been excellent all over again. You can tell because not long ago the restaurant would be less than half full when we went. But this last time almost all the tables were filled. Our server this time was in training, but she was fantastic. The only thing she forgot was we asked for water with no lemon, and we got lemon any way. Everything else though about her service was over the top. The owner is invested in her customers, and you can tell. Our order correct. The dishes arrived in a timely manner. My son and I recommend the Yum Nuer salad. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious as always. The green tea was perfect. I've never had a bad meal here. The prices are reasonable for what you get. We are looking forward to going back again soon.

• Visited October 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great Place-tied for my favorite thai place in sc--my favorite pad thai!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great little place. Best pad thai I've probably ever had... in fact, it's all we eat there anymore! Fresh ingredients, very friendly service and so far, never a bad meal. Bangkok, along with City Range and another thai place, are our all purpose fallback restaurants in town.
Heck, Bangkok Thai is one of the few places I'll eat leftovers from....tastes even better, impossibly, the second day. love it!

1 Thank Andyx86
sc
“Boiling Springs Rd Location”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Since this location is not yet on TripAdvisor but is owned by the same people I thought I would review here anyway. This was my second trip to this restaurant and both times had really slow service. Granted both times were with a big party - first time 12 and last night there were 24 of us. It wasn't like they weren't expecting us though - both times was booked a week in advance. I have no complaints on the food whatsoever - it was excellent in fact. But on arrival I don't expect to wait 30 mins for my first drink. I don't mind waiting for good fresh food but at least keep your guests happy by serving drinks while they are waiting. We were a private party in the back room - but it wasn't even like the rest of the restaurant was busy - just a few tables. In fact it was completely empty when we left just after 9pm. This was frustrating for everyone and I don't think I would go back because of this - unless I were to try it just for two of us and see if they manage to keep up then.

Cramerton, North Carolina
“Favorite in Spartanburg”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Best Thai food in SC. Yes, they have Chinese, Japanese and Thai food on the menu. The best is the Pad Thai and Yakiniku steak! The service was always friendly and quick! Everything we tried while living in the area was great! My favorite restaurant in Spartanburg. Lunch Menu is great and priced well.

• Visited June 2013