“I checked out after 6 hours”

College Inn Spartanburg
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
“I checked out after 6 hours”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Now I know why there is a big sign in the lobby that says "NO REFUNDS". Black stuff in the ice. Smoke detector had no battery. No towels, face cloths, nor bathmat in the room. Sink and bathroom floors very sticky and slick from what I assume were chemicals from mop water.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Squall L

Families
Couples
Business
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013

All of the reviews I read, previous to booking, weren't so bad. We came to Spartanburg for a Wofford game, and this was the closest hotel. Let me start by saying when we walked into the room, there were dead roaches on the floor. The shower water fluctuated from freezing cold, to scolding hot. To top it off and what made me write this review, was that this place is located in the ghetto, and there are apparent drug dealers staying in the surrounding rooms. A thug and his what seemed to be prostitute attempted to bust down the door of the room next to us, because a boy mooned them through the window. The screaming and threats carried on for hours, the front desk manager never handled it, and we basically locked ourselves in the room, scared, as more of the thug's friends circled the parking lot, waiting for the people to come out of the room. We will never return to this hotel, and I suggest everyone spend the extra money and stay at a place where you can enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank gkings153
Mid Florida, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2013

THE GOOD: friendly personnel who quickly address problems. Room and linens were clean. Bathroom clean. Bed comfortable. Cheap (but still too expensive for the property). THE BAD: One lamp had burned out bulb (replaced quickly); other lamp was broken. Chairs were badly stained. "Continental Breakfast" was coffee and a dispenser of dry cereal and a jug of room temperature milk. It's hard to call that even "continental breakfast" (I did not indulge.) It's in a marginal area of town. It appears that there are people living there, which always puts me off a property. I'm told that it IS the best of the three motels in that area of town. I'll cough up another $20 next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo