“Poor customer service and smelly rooms...you get what you pay for”

Super 8 Spartanburg/I-26 Exit 22
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Hilton Head because it was an affordable stay. We were going to arrive late so really we were just going to use it for a quick night's rest and maybe let the kids swim in the morning before we left. Once we woke up in the morning, we just wanted to leave as soon as we could. I agree with one other reviewer on here that they had a lot of “sketchy” people hanging out in their parking lot late at night. The hallways smelled like smoke and I saw several guests walking down the hall with lit cigarettes. Our room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but you could definitely tell people had smoked in it recently. On top of that the room smelled moldy. The internet connection kept failing so I went up to the front desk to have them reset the server and use the desktop computer at the front to get some work done there. When I got up there, a friend of the woman working the front desk was on the desktop arguing with someone on her Facebook account. It clearly states the computer was for guests only. She wasn’t even staying at the hotel but the front desk woman wouldn’t kick her off of it. Poor customer service on her part. She reluncantly reset the server like I asked but when I got back to my room it still didn't work so I just gave up and decided to do my work once I got to my destination. The breakfast was the usual continental breakfast you’ll find at a hotel, nothing wrong there. We didn’t even bother letting the kids swim because we just wanted to get out of our room and leave. I’ve been a Wyndham member for years and I’d have to say this was the worst Wyndham owned property I’ve ever stayed at. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
missbrannon, Manager at Super 8 Spartanburg/I-26 Exit 22, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Since your stay, we have started renovating the property. A no smoking policy has been enforced with a $250 charge should the policy be violated. A new housekeeping staff has been brought in as well as front desk staff. Again, I do apologize to you and your family.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The rooms were horrible. Holes from fixtures that were no longer there. Smelled like smoke. Carpet smelled midew.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lillie W
missbrannon, Manager at Super 8 Spartanburg/I-26 Exit 22, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I do apologize to you that your stay wasn't pleasant. I also want to thank you for being this to my attention. Your feedback helps us with improvements to the property to satisy our guests.

Reviewed 20 May 2014