“Just what I needed”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Holiday Inn Express on Spartan Blvd. came to my rescue during a very stressful time last week. My mother had passed away and planning for incoming family and the multitude of decisions left me feeling overwhelmed. From the moment I came in, met Brandy and saw the yummy chocolate chip cookies, to the last friendly goodbyes, I felt so "at home." The rooms have recently been updated and are plush, comfortable. The rooms and halls were quiet though they were sold out almost every night. WI-fi was no problem. Breakfast was wonderful and the hostess, Pam, was so accommodating. The rooms were perfectly cleaned. The hotel allowed the family to gather in the comfortable breakfast area the night before the funeral at no additional costs. Don, the manager, even invited the family to take part in his regular Wednesday night guest/restaurant fare. My hat is off to Don! He has managed to unite a wonderful staff and create a great environment I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms facing toward the mall would be farther away from the railroad tracks, which were not loud, bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at this location while in route to the beach and again coming home. It has been updated with current style bed covers, new mattresses and fresh paint and carpeting. Check in was quick and efficient. Our rooms (party of 7) were on the 3rd floor and surprisingly quiet even though several kid's sport teams were in residence! The a.m breakfast was fine, although the dining area could use a few more tables. The location of the Inn is perfect for us, close to Costco where we pick up supplies for our vacation at the beach! We will return again next June.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed over with three kids. The kids enjoyed the fresh baked cookies, wi-fi and breakfast. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, various breads, yogurt, oatmeal packets, juice and coffee. The double bed room was comfortable with two adults and three kids. The bathroom and bed was clean. The view from our room was a gas station port - I think to service large trucks.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cdiamondz
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We have stayed there twice, in the last two years, on our way to the beach. It is not the most inexpensive, but an excellent place to stay and not worry. The room are spacious, a king suite, with separate area with couch, table and chairs, fridge, etc. Large screen TV, great new mattress set, for a good nights sleep. The free hot breakfast was complete with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy with all the coffee and juices. Will stay again in 9/13.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kytravel80
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed here overnight on our way to GA. Front desk staff was very helpful and checked us in quickly. They gave us a great recommendation for dinner that was located right down the street. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Loved being able to have breakfast right there at the hotel! And the fact that its free is a plus! We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

From wonderful staff like hard worker Trudy (breakfast) and friendly Gretchen (lobby) to the comfy rooms, this could not be better for the price.
I was headed over to a restaurant for breakfast, passing on the free breakfast. I was surprised to discover a buffet of real scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits, etc. I stayed and had a delightful country breakfast. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Just know, they are in the process of updating (lobby & outside done and maybe the mattresses?? Could not confirm because everything is wrapped in mattress covers now) but they are in the process of updating the rooms. I got a room that was 'upgraded' to my priority club status, but I should have just asked for an UPDATED room. I was on the 2nd floor and rooms done that I saw were on the 1st floor so be sure to ask.

Furniture is tired in those rooms not done.

I am hoping soon that HIE will add fresh oatmeal to morning breakfast bar besides just packets. They do have a pancake machine, so if you have kids this will be a BIG HIT!

Otherwise Gretchen at front desk was the best when I checked in - very personable and great Southern attitude.

Room Tip: **SEE above - ask for an UPDATED room. As of April 11, not all the rooms were completed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business