“Comfortable!”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Niforeika, Greece
“Comfortable!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The staff is friendly staff, the rooms are big and really comfortable. Don't choose room with view to the roof as there is noise in the morning. Very good breakfast. Recommended for your stay in Spartanburg.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MariaAchaia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very clean, orderly facility. The Christmas decorations were gorgeous. Very helpful staff, not only made recommendations for area restaurants and attractions, but would even print out directions. Location is perfect for anything downtown and for Wofford College. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I've stayed at this Marriott a few times and like the majority of the property. Unfortunately, the kitchen at the main restaurant is quite dysfunctional.

I would recommend staying at this Marriott if you're in the Spartanburg area, would even recommend getting a drink at the bar located just off their lobby.... just don't eat here.

I escaped my last dinner meal here and attempted to find refuge in the concierge lounge. The attendant promised to provide me with some Marriott points to compensate me for my trouble. Never received them. She was even the asst manager to the restaurant! I ran into another gentlemen in the lounge that had the same poor restaurant experience and also agreed never to eat there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank liveforadventure
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear liveforadventure,
On behalf of the Spartanburg Marriott, I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had in our restaurant. I am sure the experience was not the type of adventure you like to live for. The circumstances that night did affect both you and other customers, but are not typical of the quality and service usually provided. I hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Spartanburg. Your Marriott points are coming your way - they do sometimes take a couple of weeks to post to your account.
At your service,
Mike Nelson
Solon, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have traveled to Spartanburg several times on business and the Marriott is the only hotel I will stay at! I love the staff at the hotel! Jessica, Lyndsy, Bethany, Paige, AGM Chris Reger and GM Mike Nelson always make me feel like family. The staff is great! They always have the best suggetions when it comes to dinning out around Spartburg!! That being said the food at Marriott is some of the best in Spartanburg!! I always get the pulled pork sandwich for lunch, but my favorite is the corn beef hash with two eggs and hollandaise sauce! If your not staying at the Marriott your missing out on a great experience!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I recently spent the night here while visiting our daughters. This was our 4th stay at this large,grand-scale hotel over the past year, and we have been very impressed each time. The smiling front desk staff greeted us and quickly and efficiently checked us in, the whole time chatting with us, asking about the reasons for our visit, etc....the type of small talk that made us feel like the hotel was really interested in us as guests and happy to have us there. In fact, there was a smile and a hello from the front desk staff every time we walked through the lobby. We spent some time in the lounge in the evening...a lively Saturday night crowd, and the bar/wait staff had the same friendly, outgoing attitude...a great time was had. We travel about 6-8 weeks a year on business/pleasure and rank this hotel among the best for friendly, smiling, outgoing, well-trained personnel. As for the hotel itself, our room was very spacious and immaculately clean with a great view of the city. The hotel is quite large with a grand, well-decorated lobby area, a fine dining restaurant, and a large bar/lounge area with a variety of seating (and an adjacent Starbucks counter). The lounge area continues outside to a large patio which attracts a fun-loving crowd. There is also a large outdoor pool. The hotel has elegant ballrooms with at least one majestic staircase out of "Gone with the Wind." Several events were going on, including a wedding reception. Although the hotel was packed, we had no problem parking in the underground garage with elevator to the lobby. It was a great, fun stay, and we plan on staying here every time we visit the area. We highly recommend the Spartanburg Marriott!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great city-views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I travel extensively on business and have become a Platinum member with Marriott primarily because of my introduction to Marriott thru the hotel in Spartanburg.

The hotel is by far the best full service hotel in the area and I stayed at quite a few hotels in Spartanburg before I found the Marriott.. You have to go the Greenville or Charlotte for anything comperable.

The staff is great. The rooms, restaurants and bar offer good value and quality.

It's a comfortable place to go at the end of the business day.

Try it you'll like it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta,ga
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have been staying at the Spartanburg Marriott for 3 months due to business. After trying other hotels in the area the Spartanburg Marriott has been the best place to stay in Spartanburg. The food and bar downstairs have made the late night return bearable while providing good food such as the catch of the day. On some days the food is overdone but as a whole it hits the spot after a long day of work. The rooms are nice and don't have a microwave or fridge, but for me that isn't an issue. My only complaint is the huge events they have here causing parking to be almost to capacity and a plethora of people but understand why they do it for their bottom line. Overall this is the best place to stay in Spartanburg and would recommend to any business traveler in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business