“We Lucked Out”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Gainesville, Florida
“We Lucked Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I ended up at this hotel purely because our reservation at a Marriott Courtyard in Gastonia became lost in a computer glitch. With no other lodging in Gastonia, we were advised to continue to travel to Spartanburg. We arrived exhausted from a long day's travel on the interstate. I must admit that we first exited the interstate, I felt we were doomed. I saw no signs of good civilization. But after several miles, off in the distance was this beacon of hope in a hotel. We pulled up and went inside to find a beautiful hotel with incredible staff. We ate a late-night dinner. We were not impressed with our food that evening, but it may have been due to extreme fatigue. We did have a lovely breakfast the next morning. If in the future I am traveling up in this area, Spartanburg will now be my exit point for a hotel break. I would recommend this facility to even the pickiest of travelers.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear packliteFl0rida,
I feel your fatigue brought on by having to drive an extra hour to find a hotel room late at night. It is never fun to think you've arrived, only to have to get back in the car and continue driving. I am happy we were able to host you and get you back on the road safely the next morning. We look forward to your next visit, whether it be planned or unplanned!
Mike Nelson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel and a wonderful place to stay, especially for Wofford or Converse events. We stayed there for three nights this past week and what really struck me was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone smiled and spoke to you when you passed by. I've already booked my son's Wofford move-in date, family weekend and homecoming. My #1 spot when I come to Spartanburg!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gdavis3
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at The Marriott convention centre as was close to my event. Staff was very complementary and courteous upon my arrival. They have a huge pool, Olympic size it appears from my floor. I have an astounding view of the park below. 24 hour access to the sauna! Friday and Saturday look like fun as they have themed nights all week, but for Sunday. Great stay, will recommend!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank liljns
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Marriott is always dependable regardless of their sub-brands but this Marriott Hotel was above and beyond.
We were there as a couple with a larger group but the service was outstanding. We were picked up at the airport almost immediately after our call; the luggage was handled right to the room; the dinner reservation was made; the schedule for the next day was provided and the food in the lobby was beyond good hotel food. Additionally, the lobby area was just renovated so it provided for outstanding ambiance.

Our room was just great! There are not too may "views" so it doesn't matter; but for overall service, hotel food and location this Marriott is a find. I may mention it is also close to a large shopping area with other fine restaurants at many price points.

Room Tip: No real views so it doesn't matter room location- the back of the hotel backs up to natural area...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Carrboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights on a business trip to SC. I have over 1900 nights at Marriott and would put this in the top 10% of properties I've stayed at. Especially enjoyed the creative small plates served at the restaurant and the friendly service. Staff in the concierge lounge were very nice and made me feel welcome. I'll be back

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AHG_777777
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear MR850,
Given the number of Marriott Hotels you've experienced during your business travels, we are honored to be considered amongst you favorites. Thank you for recognizing our efforts to make you feel welcome, important and comfortable. We look forward to your return visits to Spartanburg.
At your service,
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

On the 4th of July, the Marriott offers a buffet and the best seat in town for the local fireworks. The hotel itself is very nice and the staff is attentive. It is clean and there is a lot of space. The ballroom was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. There was plenty of food for the group. The food greatly varied in quality from ok to very good. The spicy shrimp dish was awful, but the chicken wings were excellent. Service was good as the wait staff did clear dirty dishes and did an excellent job of communicating with the customers. However, they never offered water to the guests, which I thought was something they should have done. They had set up comfortable chairs on the outside balcony from which to watch the fireworks and that was truly awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear hcross888,
We do have the best view of the 4th of July fireworks in Spartanburg and I am pleased you enjoyed the view from the terrace outside the ballroom. Thank you for your suggestions to help us improve the experience next year, and we hope to see you back again in 2015!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have been traveling through this area for many years, but just discovered this hotel this weekend (June 27-28, 2014) And I'm so glad we did! This hotel is very nice, very clean, and it has a very friendly and helpful staff. The young lady that checked us in Friday night was terrific! We called ahead for late check-in, so our room was ready and waiting with a crib set up with soft cozy linens when we arrived. I thought that was a nice touch. Our room was large, super clean and the beds were really comfortable. The hotel offers a great bar and lounge areas, nice restaurant and a Starbucks. The breakfast buffet was really good and was a good value.There are lots of things to do here to entertain the kids as well- awesome outdoor pool and sun deck, billiards room with a pool table and a large flat screen with a Wii to play Wii Sports, a terrific patio with lots of fire pits and comfortable seating, and right behind the hotel is a park with lots of green space and a water pad to splash around in. We enjoyed our stay so much that we were tempted to stay another night! We plan to make this our go-to hotel from now on when traveling through this area. Thank you, Spartanburg Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Bourbon_Brandy,
We are glad you found us and we hope to become a regular stop for you on your travels through the Upstate. Thanks for sharing your experience online.