“Memorial weekend 2014” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
matthews, United States
“Memorial weekend 2014”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Average at best. Stayed on first floor next to exit door. Heard all coming and going trafiic. Nice view out the window of staff and guest smoking area. Breakfast - average. Staff inside was above average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your staff; we will share your comments with the appropriate departments for correction. We appreciate your business and your comments for improvement.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Conneaut, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at least 20 different times while on business over the last 2 years. I compare other hotels to this one as it sets the bench mark on good quality hotels. People are very friendly. Breakfast is good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your endorsement of our hotel and team members. Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.
Scott Depot, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

There are many "flavors" of Hamptons and they are all good. This particular flavor was very good. Extremely clean room and bathroom. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. Could not have been a better experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your kind comments about your stay with us and our team members. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very nice Hampton Inn and convenient to colleges in Spartanburg. Staff was helpful and welcoming. Bed was comfortable, and breakfast had a nice selection. My husband liked the eggs and sausage - better than typical.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. You can't beat a good night's sleep and breakfast; we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

A 14 yr diamond member with Hilton, would not upgrade me because I booked a queen room, that's the only room they had when I booked, never heard of this before, also would not give a diamond member a extra water, really, last time I stay here, will spend my money somewhere else, even if I need to drive to Grenville, poor staff, was on phone doing reservations while they had a line 5 deep

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites and returning my call to discuss the issues you experienced. We appreciate you understanding that this was an out of the ordinary experience and agreeing to stay with us again.
Talladega, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Terrible smell in the room. Pillows, furniture and carpets smelled of cigarette smoke. Why this nice hotel allows smoking in rooms is unbelievable. The smoke smell was in everything. You would think they would change the pillows or clean them once-in-a-while.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Please accept my apologies that the last room available was a smoking room. We will follow up with our Housekeeping department to correct the issues mentioned.
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The facilities and rooms are great, top notch, just like every Hampton Inn that I've stayed in. The staff, on the other hand, was terribly rude. They were unhelpful, ignored questions, and treated me like they were doing me a favor by renting me a room. So much for southern hospitality.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you received. Rest assured that we will follow up with the service staff right away and have this corrected. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves should you be in the area again.