“Do not stay here! I repeat. Do not stay here!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville
“Do not stay here! I repeat. Do not stay here!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the most disgusting hotel ever. The carpet in the rooms stick to your feet and the bathroom was covered in hair! The free breakfast area looked like a complete zoo had come through the area! Do not stay here! There area many other hotels on this exit.

• Stayed June 2014
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your guestroom and the breakfast area and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are providing the quality clean spaces you deserve and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
MB, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Although the hotel was nice, it was noisy due to full capacity. Our bed was comfortable but smelled of smoke and body odor. I know the bedding was clean, but some smells just hang on. Upon check in, the staff (2 females) were good, although very chatty to each other.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your feedback and will follow up with our Housekeeping Director right away. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Cary, NC, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The accommodations were excellent. Very clean facility, staff very courteous, and complimentary breakfast prevents extra expenditures during trip. I normally would not comment on the complimentary breakfast but this setup and selection was well above others that I have experienced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your post about our Hampton Inn & Suites. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. I am glad to hear that you found our breakfast bar more than you expected, we love to hear unexpected delights. We hope to see you again when you are back in Spartanburg, SC.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We frequently stay at Hampton Inn locations,and The Hampton Inn at Spartanburg is exactly what you would expect for this chain of hotels. Our room was very clean, and it was larger than average for a king suite. The bed was comfortable and fairly firm. Although we did not have a chance to make use of it, the indoor pool area looked nice. We had to get an early start in the morning, so we were not able to stay for the breakfast.

The only hiccup with our stay was check-in. We were assigned a room and given keys for a room that already had people staying in it. This error was quickly corrected, and we went to the correct room. The reservation manager, who gave us the new room, said he would call to follow-up and make sure this room was all right. He never did so, but for the inconvenience, we did receive a small gift card upon check out. Of course these are minor issues, but because of the good service we've had at other Hampton Inns, they were unusual.

The hotel has a good location--close to the interstate and very close to a mall and other shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comments. I am sorry that you were given the wrong keys at check in and that you were inconvenienced. I will follow up with the Reservations Supervisor about the lack of follow through. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay did meet your expectations. We hope to see you again when back to Spartanburg, SC.
Carmel, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Not the best Hampton Inn. Room smelled smokey, although they assured is it was the non-smoking...and since it was the last room available... It was ours for the night. Not unclean, but with the smell, it didn't have that "fresh" feeling. Breakfast was good... Nice, clean fitness center.

Stayed June 2014
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your stay. I am sorry that you didn’t completely enjoy your stay with us. It is our goal that all guest have a pleasant experience with us, and we will make every effort to accommodate. I do hope that you will give us the pleasure of earning your business again. Again thank you for your stay.
Aiken, SC
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have stayed here several years for the Wofford Homecoming. The staff is very friendly and efficient with a very nice breakfast. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with comfy beds. I'm sure we will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is always nice to see repeat guest posting about their stay. We hope to see you again when you are back in Spartanburg, SC.
Charleston, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Large clean rooms with comfy beds and plenty of pillows. The TV had some good choices and the breakfast had hot coffee and cold yogurt, just like I like it. Definitely lives up to what I expect out of a Hampton, and better than I expected to find in nowhere, SC. Checkout was fast and easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep and enjoyed breakfast the next morning. Should you be in Spartanburg again we look forward to your visit.