“Love this place”

Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The service were so great! The wifi doesn't work in room 408, but they did everything that they could do to try to fix it. The girl at the desk gave us a new remote and was amazing. One of the very best hotel breakfasts ever. The solid hard boiled eggs are a great addition. Free cookies and coffee throughout the day, as well as a food pantry. Go here!

Stayed: June 2014
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I am so sorry to hear that you had problems with your internet service and have passed along your comments to our service provider for follow up and repair. Thank you for comments about breakfast; I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it and look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recommend this hotel for its overall quality and because it offers smoking rooms. The facility and staff were great. It was a little hard to find the last turn to the hotel at night. The price was higher that I expected for a Hampton in a small city, but it is still a good value. I will definitely stay there again when I return to Spartanburg.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites and recommending our hotel. Please accept our apologies that you had difficulty in finding the last turn as our street sign was knocked down last week. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone. Convenient to shopping and dining. Rooms very clean. Also very comfortable. Very quiet. Sleep not interrupted with lots of noise. Substantial breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments about your room and breakfast. Your recommendation will be pased along at our next team huddle. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the most disgusting hotel ever. The carpet in the rooms stick to your feet and the bathroom was covered in hair! The free breakfast area looked like a complete zoo had come through the area! Do not stay here! There area many other hotels on this exit.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your guestroom and the breakfast area and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are providing the quality clean spaces you deserve and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Although the hotel was nice, it was noisy due to full capacity. Our bed was comfortable but smelled of smoke and body odor. I know the bedding was clean, but some smells just hang on. Upon check in, the staff (2 females) were good, although very chatty to each other.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your feedback and will follow up with our Housekeeping Director right away. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The accommodations were excellent. Very clean facility, staff very courteous, and complimentary breakfast prevents extra expenditures during trip. I normally would not comment on the complimentary breakfast but this setup and selection was well above others that I have experienced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your post about our Hampton Inn & Suites. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. I am glad to hear that you found our breakfast bar more than you expected, we love to hear unexpected delights. We hope to see you again when you are back in Spartanburg, SC.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We frequently stay at Hampton Inn locations,and The Hampton Inn at Spartanburg is exactly what you would expect for this chain of hotels. Our room was very clean, and it was larger than average for a king suite. The bed was comfortable and fairly firm. Although we did not have a chance to make use of it, the indoor pool area looked nice. We had to get an early start in the morning, so we were not able to stay for the breakfast.

The only hiccup with our stay was check-in. We were assigned a room and given keys for a room that already had people staying in it. This error was quickly corrected, and we went to the correct room. The reservation manager, who gave us the new room, said he would call to follow-up and make sure this room was all right. He never did so, but for the inconvenience, we did receive a small gift card upon check out. Of course these are minor issues, but because of the good service we've had at other Hampton Inns, they were unusual.

The hotel has a good location--close to the interstate and very close to a mall and other shopping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comments. I am sorry that you were given the wrong keys at check in and that you were inconvenienced. I will follow up with the Reservations Supervisor about the lack of follow through. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay did meet your expectations. We hope to see you again when back to Spartanburg, SC.