“Convenient Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is very convenient to Spartanburg, Greenville, Landrum. A typical hotel with clean rooms, good bed (unlike hilton garden inns), and good shampoo/conditioner/soap (unlike holiday inn express). Average breakfast (how many ways can you cook an omlettee), nice fitness with dumbbells, free coffee (unlike marriott courtyard). Excellent steak house across the street. Located beside westgage mall and all the shopping and eateries that you would imagine. Would recommend and stay again. Expensive.

1  Thank Chris C
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write your review with comparisons to other hotel brands. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall

Reviewed 14 July 2014

i was given a smoking room that wasn't clean - i don't smoke. so i asked to get a different room. she said i had to upgrade. so fine i did. then she proceeded to put me on the smoking floor! The elevator sounded like it was going to break. the front desk workers were eating in the dining area while they were working.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced upon arrival at our hotel. I will follow up with our Housekeeping and Front Desk team to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I found that my stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites was a pleasant one. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating and made me feel extremely welcome. I did find that the swimming pool had a bit too much chlorine that burned my eyes while I was lounging next to the pool. Other than that I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Your comments about our team members made my day and will be passed along at our next team huddle. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We got in late and were very pleased to find a nice hotel near to the place we had business. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There was even a note that the bedspreads were cleaned after every guest.
There was a nice steak and seafood restaurant just across the parking lot, but it closes at 10:00, so we were too late to try it. You have to go into the mall area to find it. It was not lit very well on the way up the hill, but we found the hotel. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of our property andn will be sure to pass these along to our Housekeeping team at our next huddle. I am sorry that you had difficulty in finding our hotel because of the signage and will follow up with mall personnel about the lights being out. We look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very nice, great location, everything clean, service great, different breakfast each day (and not just cereal, rolls and juice/coffee!). Luggage roll-in carrier provided made load/unload easy. Parking was convenient, not jammed in or cramped.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your comments about our hotel and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife, myself, our 2 daughters, their husbands and 4 grandchildren stayed at your hotel on the above date.

I'm writing to comment on the gentleman who checked us in late that afternoon on what appeared to be a very busy day. In short, Hilton should clone this gentleman and install one of him in every hotel in the country. I found out later that he is the Assistant GM.

He was the most pleasant, warm and friendly person I have ever met at the check-in desk of a hotel. I've traveled for over 40 years to 47 of our 50 states and stayed in every type of hotel from luxurious to budget. He was conversational, intelligent and, at times, even funny. You have a gem of an employee there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We really appreciate your comments about our Assistant General Manager, Barrett. He is an asset to our hotel and sets an excellent example for our service team. Thank you for recognizing him and we look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The service were so great! The wifi doesn't work in room 408, but they did everything that they could do to try to fix it. The girl at the desk gave us a new remote and was amazing. One of the very best hotel breakfasts ever. The solid hard boiled eggs are a great addition. Free cookies and coffee throughout the day, as well as a food pantry. Go here!

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I am so sorry to hear that you had problems with your internet service and have passed along your comments to our service provider for follow up and repair. Thank you for comments about breakfast; I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it and look forward to your next visit to Spartanburg.