“Nice Hotel - Minor Complaints”

Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Nice Hotel - Minor Complaints”
Reviewed 12 November 2006

Our family stayed at this hotel for one night this past weekend. We chose it after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Everything that everyone reported was correct. The hotel is in a great location, the staff was friendly (they even gave us discount coupons for the restaurant next door) and the indoor pool was large enough, clean, WARM, and a nice treat. There were fresh towels supplied and also a nice excersise room (although we didn't have time to use it.) We checked in easily, our room was clean and comfy and had a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, and blow dryer. The room also had connections for internet access should you have a laptop. There was also a nice continental breakfast served from 6:00 - 10:00 AM that featured biscuits, bagels and toast, various danishes and muffins, fresh fruit salad (just okay), bananas and apples, a mix of cold cereal and instant hot oatmeal and instant grits, scrambled eggs and sauage patties, milk, juice (orange, cranberry and grapefruit), coffee (regular, robust, and decaf) and hot water for tea or cocoa. All in all a nice spread for continental! The breakfast staff was very sweet and friendly. My only complaints are small in nature and fairly commen in all of our travels. The first one is that the bathroom was clean but did have small pockets of mildew here and there but it wasn't enough to be freaked out to report it. The other things was there was a slight musty smell to the room which was really not bad when we checked in but worse in the morning after showering and steaming up the bathroom. We were leaving though so it wasn't a big deal. Lastly, we were told our beds were queen sized but I swear they seemed smaller. Other than that, the beds were very comfortable, the fluffy duvets, pillows and soft sheets made for a great night's sleep. All in all our stay was pleasant and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future. Just a last note: there are two restaurants within walking distance and also a movie theater and a mall not far away as well as tons of restaurants.

• Liked — Indoor Pool, location and comfy beds!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Towels are provided in the pool area so no need to take your own!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Augusta, Ga.
Reviewed 29 October 2006

A wonderful Hampton Inn. I took my daughter and her friend to the mountains for the weekend, and we stopped over in Spartanburg for the night. This Hampton Inn is in a wonderful location! You have the mall, the movies, and wonderful restaurants all within walking distance. The front desk staff was wonderful. The room was one of the cleanest of all hotels. Our suite included a king size bed and pull out sofa, along with a desk and chair with ottoman. The bathroom was beautiful. We highly recommend this hotel to all travelers!

• Liked — Cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
chicago illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2006

Thank you staff at the hampton inn westgate spartenburg. My stay was great. The beds were to die for. great linens downlike pillows. Super clean hotel. Great indoor pool. very clean. I wish i would of stayed here the whole vacation instead of the sea mist in myrtle beach. The staff at the hampton inn was great. the mall was right across from the hotel and spartenburg 16 theater was right across the street. My daughter had such a great time at the pool. I cant wait to go back. If you are in the area look for the Hampton Inn westgate in spartenburg you wont regret it.

1 Thank Lisa6662
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2006

The staff at the Hampton Inn at Westgate Mall made me feel as if I have been a longtime regular of this establishment. I was given detailed directions to a number of locations I needed to visit while in Spartanburg. I had the opportunity to speak with two managers at the hotel who again treated me as if we were long time friends. I can only say that at this hotel, I received the type of service that is not the norm oft many establishments in this day and age, from restaurants, department stores, etc...

Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cumberland.Maryland
Reviewed 15 March 2006

My fiance and I were driving from Augusta to Maryland and were looking for a place to stay where she could shop while I completed some work. The Hampton Inn at the Westgate Mall was the perfect solution. The hotel is nicely located right off the interstate next to the mall and several shopping centers including Wal-Mart, Target, and Old Navy.

The hotel was exceptional including the nicest continental breakfast we've experienced at a mid-priced hotel. The high speed internet access in the room was very helpful in completing my work online and the hotel also offered a business room near the lobby that provided a computer, fax machine/printer, and desk for your business needs.

This hotel will exceed all of your expectations as it did ours. Just make sure you take full advantage of all the ammenities including the indoor pool and fitness center.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank ncramsey83
Mount Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 8 March 2006

This hotel sets the benchmark for Hampton Inns...it's new, clean, great bedding and a great location...however, this hotel could go down hill very fast if they don't enforce the non-smoking policy and the non-smoking rooms begin to smell...

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank jonesytv
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 October 2005

stayed in hotel for a few days. there was a large wedding going on at the time. it was fantastic. the breakfast lay-out took up half the room - it was delicious and saved us time and money in the morning. there is a great theatre right next door...and a nice shopping mall a block away. the staff went above and beyond. would definitely visit again.

• Stayed October 2005