“Hotel is very good, area is blah” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Spartanburg

Courtyard Spartanburg
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Charlotte, NC
“Hotel is very good, area is blah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Need to say up front that the hotel is clean, has been newly remodeled and that our stay was just fine. The remodel (the room looked just like a Courtyard room I stayed at a few months ago in a brand new CYM) saved the whole experience. I made a last minute reservation, got a very good rate for a Friday night and we had no issues with the hotel at all except that parking was a bit tight. The area leaves a lot to be desired though. It is safe, that's not the issue, but it's located at an old main exit off what is now I85B and so there's really nothing around but gas stations and fast food. Spartanburg is small and getting to Wofford (where we were playing baseball) or downtown for eating (limited options) was not a big deal but the area is just unimpressive at best. That said, if we were in the area and needed lodging again for a quick night, I would not hesitate to stay there. If I needed somewhere for several nights, I'd stay at the regular Marriott or one of the hotels over near the mall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2BEis2SKI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here during a last minute trip for a funeral. They gave us a great rate and the rooms were unexpectedly nice considering the rate. I normally stay in much nicer hotels, but honestly, the rooms were comparable to more expensive hotels. The exterior of the hotel itself is nothing to admire and the hallways are kinda dark and depressing, but again, the rooms are nice once you close the door. The only complaint about the rooms is the fact that the sink and dressing area are outside the bathroom and the overhead lighting is horrible. I did love the cafe and main lobby areas. Very contemporary and nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stay in Courtyard hotels in several cities. This is a good typical one. Clean rooms, helpful staff, and overall a good experience. I do like the window curtains that keep the room very dark and is good for sleeping. I would recommend this hotel.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

When planning the hotel site for our annual GM conference I turned to the Courtyard Spartanburg. This hotel was recently renovated and done beautifully. Everyone had a great time and Julie the Operations Manager made sure everything went smoothly. We will be staying here again for all future travels to Spartanburg.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
lick creek, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I love Courtyard hotels and this was no exception. The hotel itself was great. Newly renovated rooms were nice and clean and looked great. We had a confusion with our bill because we chose to prepay and thought we had (3 months in advance). When we got there we were told someone had forgotten to charge us so they did then which was no problem, except that we had tried to cancel the reservation because we had rerouted our travel and were told we couldn't cancel because we had prepaid and we would lose our deposit................... It sure would have been nice to know they had forgotten to charge us so we could have rescheduled and traveled with our family!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

My family of 5 stayed in a queen suite. Has bed room and separate living room area. Very nice and clean. Appears to be right off hwy but my GPS brought me in a strange way through town. Parking lot is well lit. Found a Cracker Barrel just up the road.

• Stayed June 2013
Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a different report, and perhaps not fair to the hotel, and I apologize in advance for that. My Travel Agent booked me into this hotel (I prefer Courtyards) on a business trip a few months ago. As my GPS brought me near to the hotel, I thought "this is sort of a sketchy" area, and when I got gas across the street from the hotel, I observed more than a few "street" and undesirable looking people hanging around. Driving up to the hotel, I saw it was an "old" style Courtyard, and even though many of these have been nicely remodeled, I decided to "pass" on this property and called my Agent to get me into another property. Today, being several months later, I had booked again, but had forgotten that Spartanburg was where I had seen this particular Marriott. Upon driving up, I immediately remembered, and observed the same sort of inhabitants that make me uncomfortable. I am not bashing this hotel, and did think about not writing this review, but if I was traveling or booking my family into a hotel, I would want to know about it and opt for another area. Sorry to those that I might offend, but I would rather be safe than sorry...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business