“Excellent Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Excellent Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have lived in Spartanburg for 22 years. I have never used this hotel because others were close to where I live and worship. In looking for a venue for our 13th Family reunion which I hosted this year, I decided to look at the Courtyard. I was impressed with the upgrades that had been done and realized the hotel has been completely renovated. I also noticed right away how friendly and helpful the staff weere.
After contacting Marriott and working through some things, we settled on this hotel. I was not always pleased with the negotions from the corporate Marriott office, but we worked through them.
I can say the staff at the Courtyard is more like a family. If you asked for anything, no one said, I will get back to it, they all chipped in to do whatever was needed. Their attitude was so great. My family is still talking about the staff at the hotel!
If you come through Spartanburg, right off I-85 business find your way to the Courtyard by Marriott. You will enjoy the total experience.
I highly recommend anyone planning an event to look into the venue.
Valerie Q

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank valquick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Typical highway-side Courtyard, but with some differences.

Suffering from Fibromyalgia, I'm somewhat of a bed comfort fanatic. I've found Marriott brands vary dramatically, not just between brands, but even within a single brand.

In addition, with Courtyards, I often request a feather-free room, as something in their cleaning products seems to trigger some allergies I don't find in their other brands, and feather-free seems to do the trick.

This Courtyard, hands down, had the best feather-free option! It felt like a memory foam mattress/pad was brought in to alleviate the issue. What a wonderful night's sleep! Still supportive but soft, no allergy issues whatsoever. On top of that, the front desk had made sure to have everything in place in advance of arrival. Even as a Platinum Premiere Elite, that's usually not the case, and it is so appreciated.

Location is convenient to the highway, but not a lot else. BBQ restaurant on other side of freeway gets good marks, a few fast food joints nearby, but their Bistro staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Woodbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had an awesome wonderful glorious blessed stay. Coquita greeted us with love and care when we first entered the hotel. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Even though there were a family reunion there with lots of children, the hotel was very quiet and peaceful to stay. I might suggest your adding the check out time to the final bill that is left under the door so guest can remember the check out times. Thank you again for such a great experience.

Room Tip: When I first called and received senior citizen rates, I was not informed that the cost would be jus...
Green Features: As stated above. Had a wonderful experience a wonderful time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Could be a very nice hotel but my experience with the cleanliness makes it a little lacking. I like to use the table they have on wheels that pulls out from under the desk. On the two stays there within a month both times the desk was filthy. On the first stay the desk was covered with a sticky substance. On the second stay it was covered with dust and there was a receipt from a local store (dated three days prior) on top of it where it clearly not been cleaned. Even though the place looks fairly nice and it makes me wonder how good of job housekeeping does cleaning other things.

The location is fine and I never felt uncomfortable but it isn't the best. There is a cheap hotel next-door that often has derelicts hanging around outside.

Ultimately, there are other better hotels in town for the price. I would stay here again if the price was right and I needed the proximity to a location nearby.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Darryl K, General Manager at Courtyard Spartanburg, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback concerning your recent stay at the spartanburg Courtyard. Please accept my sincere apology for the cleanliness isssues you encountered with your guest room. I will use your feedback as continual training for the staff to improve. I hope if you find yourself in the Spartanburg area again you will give us another chance.

Darryl Kosiorek
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Started with personable, customer service driven front desk rep, Christina, who had to get creative and patient to find my reservation because it had gotten logged improperly. We had a good laugh, and she never had a tone of wondering if I was in the wrong hotel. Her tone was more about helping me find a way to be IN the hotel. Appreciated her follow through. Her partner, Jen, was also friendly and conversational. They definitely were there to be of service. Thanks ladies.

Heard one of the room attendants softly singing as she was doing the laundry. She blushed and apologized when I complimented her, but I didn't find her to be disturbing at all. And (since I am a non singer) she definitely sounded better than I do... so I gave her high praise. LOL

Room Tip: I think I'll go with the first floor inside room next time. Inside rooms face into the courtyard...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Martinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is good hotel with a really great and friendly staff, I want to start off by saying that to make sure this review starts off on a good note. My wife and I stayed here one night and the house was full. A few volley girls' volleyball teams were staying there as were a couple of baseball teams. I noticed when we arrived around 7pm, housekeeping was still busy with several rooms. I found that several of the teams that day that were leaving needed a late checkout...5pm. However, the hotel staff was able to accommodate and turn the rooms quickly. Our room was very clean and fortunately was not one still a work in progress. Upon checking in, my wife found that the house does not provide makeup removal wipes as does the Fairfields. Internet is advertised as "free" but that is the basic iBahn service that provided me with an average of 0.97 M/bs. The $4.95 per night per 2 devices "enhanced service" got me 2.73 Mb/s, not my definition of "high speed". There is a limited "Bistro" in the lobby that will provide breakfast but we did not partake. Expect the typical Marriott hospitality. Staff are very attentive and helpful. the building in an "L" shape with the lobby and registration area at one of the 'tips". A long walk to rooms, if they are on the end and a long walk to the elevator since it is in the crux of the "L". Would stay there again but would first check to make sure they are not full with "groups". One other thing, the online reservation stated the room was "non-adjoining". It was and the family next door got the kids up about 5pm for volley ball, I guess, and dad had a commanding voice. Also, the HVAC made a little too much noise. Forgot what my sound meter read but it was about conversational level at times when across the room.

Room Tip: Clicked Room Service but did not require room service...could not de-click.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darryl K, General Manager at Courtyard Spartanburg, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for providing feedback concerning your recent stay with us. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to improve. We hope if you find yourself in the Spartanburg area again you give us another chance.

Darryl Kosiorek
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

After a very thorough review of several hotels in the Spartanburg area, I decided to select Courtyard by Marriott. I read multiple reviews for the hotel so I was very pleasantly surprised to find out the good reviews were right on track. The hotel is very nice, the rooms were spacious and clean. The bistro is pleasantly appointed and the breakfast was delicious. I would encourage those who are looking for a hotel with breakfast included to chose this hotel. We had a $18 dollar breakfast for only $10 in addition to the cost of the room (it's a great bargain for actual home cooked meal). The staff was friendly and even gave my husband a free cup of Starbucks coffee before closing up after breakfast. If we need to stay in Spartanburg again, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple