“Overnight Stay”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
“Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife & I spent the night here on 7/11/14 as a stop over on our way to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I chose it after reading reviews on TripAdvisor due to the low rate and convenient location to I-26. The hotel is of the basic variety, but clean and comfortable. Layout is a little odd with the office on one end next to the stairs. There is no elevator, but only two stories. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. There are several places to eat close by. We took an easy walk across the street to Fatz. The free breakfast was what you would expect from a low cost hotel. My only complaint is that the coffee cups were very dinky - the cup holders swallowed the up. A nice cup of coffee for the road would have been nice. Luckily their is a McDonald's between the hotel & inter-state. It's a good place to stay over if you are traveling, but I would not consider it a good choice for more than a night or two.
I rated it average but it is an average hotel, not bad at all, but you get what you pay for. It is a very good deal and we would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Old VIRGINIA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The EconoLodge-Spartanburg is convenient to Interstate 85, offering clean, quiet lodging at an economical price. This was our halfway stop on a trip to Atlanta area, and suited our purpose fine.

There was a mini-mart nearby which, at the time, offered the lowest gas prices in the area.

We chose to drive a short ways to have supper at a local landmark drive-in restaurant, THE BEACON, which has been featured on the Food Network. The food was "fast food", the lemonade was very tasty, and we enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Staff is excellent at front desk. Room appeared clean and bed very clean . However the bottom of tub needed more scrubbing. Parts were the tub color and parts were medium brown. Breakfast was what you might eat at home, cereal, fresh fruit, muffins or toast or bagels, juice and coffee. Good stay for price

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ommie7
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The facility is a little dated, but had very good stay. The front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, cozy, and comfortable. I slept like a rock. I would stay here again. It would be nice if they more for breakfast, but coffee, cereal, and danishes provided.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shipbird1969
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights because I was attending the Crabb Family Reunion concert at the Spartenburg Expo Center. The hotel was a 2 minute car ride from the venue, so it was incredibly convenient. The room was perfect for my needs, and a great value, The continental breakfast was nothing special, but set up nicely, so that made it pleasurable for a quick start to the day. I stayed on the second floor. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was no hints of any pets every staying in the room. The only thing that made this stay less than a 5-star stay was that the walls are a bit thin, and sound carried thru the walls, so I could hear bits of the conversation in the next room. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a simple stay at a reasonable price. By the way, Fatz restaurant, right across the road, was an excellent place to eat. I wish I lived closer so I could go there more often.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bruce B
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights due to a class in the area. The price was very reasonable. There's not much in the area but there are a couple of cheap restaurants and two gas stations nearby. The room was marginally clean (could use a deep scrub) but the sheets were clean and the room was perfectly acceptable for a short stay. It did take a while to get warm water for a shower and never really did get hot.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank hlclark
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 December 2013

When we arrived the receptionist asked what preference we had in rooms. At first I said a downstairs room might be better since we have a little boy who likes to run and jump and might disturb people downstairs, but when I heard that she normally booked downstairs rooms for those with pets I changed my mind. She looked and found a room upstairs with no one below us. There was initially some difficulty getting our AAA card number entered on their system but getting the discount was not an issue. My nephew had joined us on our trip at the last minute and was planning to spend the night in the car, but they told me that for a nominal fee they could put a cot in the room for us.

On our way to our room we could see that the motel was showing some wear, but the room itself was clean and the beds were comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was fine unless you really wanted it hot. The only way to make the shower really hot was to reduce the volume of water, but I had no issues with that. The breakfast included two types of cold cereal, milk, orange-flavored drink (not real juice), instant oatmeal, toast, bagels, muffins, and bananas.

A few days after leaving this motel we discovered that our two children had left their stuffed animals at the motel. We called and they quickly shipped them out to us.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you have pet allergies.