Review Highlights
The "Quiet Spot" beach in the area.

My visit to Sullivan's Island beach was on a Sunday morning in late October. It was fairly easy to... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
LGILMAN479
Charlotte, North Carolina
Vaca

It was our first trip to Sullivans Island! I am a huge fan of Wrightsville Beach, but I fell in... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Shelley R
Monroe, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews beautiful beach isle of palms off leash wind surfers fort moultrie large beach area long stretch sand dunes tide pools during low tide public access great views of charleston favorite beach family friendly beach charleston area sand dollars light house
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Spent an evening at the beach. We waited for the sun and temps to cool down. The tide was going out and left many tide pools for the really young to be happy and safe while the bigger kids hit the waves. Good clean beach area, easy access from street parking.

2  Thank jsrd
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Some girlfriends and I went up for a weekend. In my experience, this was the best beach I've been to for just sitting/laying out/relaxing. The water was fairly calm with some gentle, smaller waves. There were so many great restaraunts off the beach. We enjoyed going to a beach that is still a beach- that hasn't been developed or isn't made touristy. And the homes on the beach have stunning landscaping! We easily found street parking for free about 1/2 block from the beach. I want to go back!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Busy Busy busy as you would expect on a Beautiful Saturday afternoon.
Just had to see the Beach as we traveled around Charleston...and had lunch on the Island..

2  Thank cm_woods
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Everything from the lobster roll to the hot dogs burgers and fries are priced right and great food for a summer afternoon or evening. Long line moves fast. Make sure you are ready to order when you get to the counter and are familiar with the Sully Shuffle.

2  Thank orangeugladtoo
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My husband is not much of a sun loving, beach laying, ocean playing kinda guy but he came with because it was my birthday trip & pretty much had no choice. I was researching between Sullivan’s & Isle of Palms & by the recommendation of guest services at the Inn we were staying at, Sullivan’s is more of a “residential beach” and Isle was more “Shops & Restaurant beach.” Since there was plenty of shopping along King St we decided Sullivan’s was the better option of the two. I am so happy we chose this beach, we went at 11:00 AM on a Wednesday & sure there were some people around... but for a beach in June in general, this was relatively quiet! Every person had their own little spot with plenty of space in between. The sand was clean and soft. The water was warmer than anticipated & was a pleasure to just hang around in the soft waves. Parking was equally easy to find. Also that this was less than a 24 min drive from downtown Charleston was so convenient.

1  Thank AABlank