“Delicious tacos! Great prices for beach dining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taco Mamacita - CLOSED

Taco Mamacita
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Taco Mamacita is a "Fresh-Mex" restaurant specializing in funky-fusion tacos, enchilladas, Peruvian chicken, fresh made guacamole and amazing margaritas!
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Delicious tacos! Great prices for beach dining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I have only eaten here twice so far but it has been delicious both times. The prices are great. Two tacos and a side is what I have gotten both visits. I've tried 5 different tacos I believe and all of them were great. I love how many different choices they have for tacos. I'm a taco fanatic and it's nice to find things like shrimp po boy taco and other creative options that you don't see at typical Mexican restaurants. I tried the chipotle Bloody Mary during this last visit an it was spicy and tasty. I'm a Bloody Mary lover. I had 3 tacos, a side and my drink and my tab wasn't much more than $20 and I left feeling full and satisfied.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great for casual dining/drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family lives in Sullivans and I'm a Mexican food fanatic so naturally have spent quite a bit of time in here. The tacos and guacamole and cheese and salsa are all very good. The Peruvian chicken is kinda mediocre. The drinks are fairly good. Out of the probably 30 times I've been here I've had great service 20 times, good service 5, and mediocre service maybe 5. Pretty good overall! This is such a great place to grab a drink and some chips and dip with a friend on a beach day, or casual dinner, or even pick up to go at the end of a long day. I'm a pretty big fan. Love the Caribbean jerk taco, the taco royale, and the black bean taco. Everyone has a favorite. Also love the jalapeno slaw. Cheers.

• Visited February 2014
Scarborough, Maine
“Relaxing Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

It was a hopping area at Sullivan's island. Fresh salsa and chips. Wonderful chicken tortilla soup and royal tacos. Sunday drink specials made your own Bloody Mary bar , mimosas, and Santeria all for $3.

• Visited April 2014
Perry, Ohio
“Everyone else sorta likes it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I am not big on Mexican food. But we had a group of 12 on vacation together, and everyone else seems to like this place. I guess if you like Mexican, you have a nice selection. It is a fun place to hand out and have a couple drinks.

• Visited April 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Frequent visitors here, good for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We love to hop over to Sullivans for zippy tacos, yummy margaritas or a cold IPA and quesadillas for the kids. The interior is dark but cozy, and the streetside porch is nice at lunchtime (less so shortly before sunset, and you're blinded). Food and service are consistent (although my last waiter tried a little too hard to be cool with his annoying phrases and fist bumps, which were cute for the kids but completely unnecessary for mom). Fave taco is the roasted chicken with bacon. It's a little noisy, and it would be great if there were fewer TVs in the place, but it remains a family favorite.

Visited March 2014