“Never again”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped at Poe's based on reviews on Trip Advisor. First the hostess tried to seat 5 adults at a booth for 4. We were then seated in the outside seating area. I sat down on a cushioned seat that was soaked thru with moisture. It was like sitting on a sponge. The table was dirty and wet and smelled like it was wiped with wet dirty rag. Speaking of rag, there was a dish rag on the floor under the table as well as two large puddles of what looked like spilled drinks. The entire setting was disgusting. We ordered our food. My pregnant daughter was served under cooked chicken that we sent back. My burger was ordered medium. It was so dry I had to remove the bun to get it down. I doubt that the raven would have enjoyed it. The bathroom had no TP and was equipped with a blow dryer, no towels. All I wanted to do was wash my hands! The waitress was fine and of course we tipped her the usual 20 percent. Not her fault the place was such a mess.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Always like coming here, laid back atmosphere with good food (and lots of Poe if you couldn't guess). Had the fish sandwich special with a salad, wife had the shrimp salad sandwich, and washed it down with a couple local brews.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The Hungry Detective always sees a line at Poe’s...that’s usually a good sign. I’m not sure if it was an off night but I was not impressed with the food or atmosphere. Rob did a fantastic job and was on point with great service. Rob went above and beyond the call of duty!!!

FOOD: I ordered the Mahi tacos(2) and they were average for $10.00 with fries. The fries were actually the best part of the meal. My friend ordered the Gold Bug burger with Cole slaw as a side. The burger was mediocre and it took thirty minutes for arrival. The coleslaw was warm and gross.

ATMOSPHERE: It was hot at our booth and AC could not keep up due to the fact that the front space is wide open and and it was 93 degrees outside. Loud, noisy and the music was irritating on top of it all!!!

VERDICT: Guilty as sin...maybe it was an off night but Poe’s is famous for their burgers and it took thirty minutes for a cheeseburger and fish tacos.

***I will stick with The Obstinate Daughter just down the street!!!

Schanen S, Manager at Poe's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi there, we're disappointed that you didn't enjoy your first visit with us! Our burgers are cooked to order and depending on how busy we are, and the requested temperature of the burger, it can sometimes take up to 30 minutes for the meal to be prepared. We hope next time you'll be able to kick back on the porch and enjoy the ocean breeze.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a quick bite and our burgers did not disappoint! Excellent taste and beach atmosphere!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stop here every trip. I always get the fish tacos and people love the burgers. Usually a busy spot but always worth it.

Thanks for your continued support!