“Recommended.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Recommended.”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We ate here twice on our stay in Summerville.. Food on both occasions was great. Plenty of choice and good quality and value. On the first night there was a gentleman playing the piano - this was wonderful and created a nice atmosphere. The restaurant was busy and had a nice buzz. The second visit the food was just as good but it was almost empty - so this was disappointing for us, as eating out is an occasion for us and is more enjoyable with some atmosphere. Highly recommended though.

• Visited May 2013

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Great Authentic Italian Food”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The owner is from Naples, and his food is outsatnding. The location is in historic downtown Summerville everything is very Italian ( I know because I lived in Italy for seven years). Excellent pizza and caprese salad. Go here if you visit Summerville.

Visited July 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
“Average Italian”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I were stopping in Summerville for an overnight trip. We were craving a small hole in the wall mom & pop Italian dinner. We read the reviews for Alessandra's and figured it would do the trick. The owner is from Italy so what could be better than that!!
We called for a reservation because it was Friday night and we weren't sure if it was required. So far so good. We get to the restaurant and the atmosphere is what we expected. Nothing over the top a basic mom & pop place. This is what we were looking for, so again, everything is good. There is a piano player near the front counter. This is a nice touch. You may want to ask for a table a little further away from the piano just so you can hear others at your table if you are talking during dinner.
We ordered the calamari for an appetizer. It was served quickly, so not as crispy as we prefer it, but it was still ok. For the main dish, my husband ordered the chicken parmesan and I ordered the eggplant parmesan. Both came out fast. The overall dish was again, ok. The marinara sauce was very watery. The noodles that were served as a side seemed to be homemade noodles, but they were slightly overcooked. Overall, this was an ok place to go. Prices weren't to high, however a little more pricey than they should be for the type of place.

• Visited July 2013
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The service was good and they had a piano which presented a romantic atmosphere. However, the food was over cooked. My veal tasted like rubber and I could taste vinegar in the noodles. It was way over priced for the portions and the quality. My wife was similarly disappointed, which is sad, considering how quaint the restaurant was. Sorry, but I won't return nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank David S
Akron, Ohio
“Arrival Dinner was Great”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had just finished an 11 hour drive to our rental and the owner recommended Alessandra's. We had a nice quiet relaxing dinner. Just we we needed to wind down from the drive. Good food and good service!

Visited July 2013