“Managers Care”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Managers Care”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Mostly clean room, friendly front desk staff. There was a bit of dust that had collected on the vents in both the room and the bathroom. When my traveling partner and I shared this information, the manager notified the head of housekeeping who personally took care of the issue (which is important for those of us with dust allergies). We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank litteach71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The hotel is your rather typical business traveler place but we found it to be beyond our expectations. The room was large with a king bed and a nice sitting area. The room had a nice size bathroom with a nice shower that had a good amount of water pressure and had your typical coffeemaker, small refrigerator and microwave and the housekeeping staff does a nice job of keeping it clean. There is a small but useable business center available and the room comes with the rather typical breakfast buffet with cereals, waffle maker, yogurts, fruits, juices, sweet rolls, coffee and scrambled eggs with a meat offering. The staff is very friendly and helpful and we had a very pleasant stay. I would, however, recommend requesting a room with a view of the rear of the building which is a small but very nice forested area. There are no walking paths through the area but it offers a quite pleasant and relaxing view of lovely southern pines. The rest of the area around the hotel is a bit on the industrial side but there are a number of retail stores and restaurants within walking distance. I would, however, caution people that the streets in and around Summerville are not well marked so it is wise to leave yourself extra time if you need to be somewhere by a certain time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have no complaints with this hotel. I had a king 1 bdr suite for $95/night over the weekend. Of the available accommodations in the area, this is the best at that price level. Pets allowed, which was also a huge factor in our choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
guys mills, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We went to this hotel after having to leave another hotel because we got in the room and there were bugs on the walls and it smelled! The staff was very nice and got us a room quickly. Unfortunately the room smelled like cigarette smoke and we don't smoke! We asked for another room. They were very nice and got us another room. The next room had mold on the door and wall. My
Daughter is allergic to mold and we don't want to stay in a room with mold. At this point it is after midnight so we ask for another room again they are real nice and get us another room. The next room wasn't great and smelled a bit but we stayed because my children were exhausted. The next day we asked for another room and it was way better. No smell and was close to the pool. Very nice staff and the breakfast was alright. The hotel needs to be renovated but the staff was great.

• Stayed October 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Well, we normally stay at Hampton Inns because of their reliable quality, not to mention their fresh baked cookies, but on a recent trip, the one in Summerville was booked, so we moved next door to the Comfort Inn... and it was okay. Just fine. Plus, they provided cookies, too. Maybe everything was down a notch from the Hampton, but the place was adequate and the staff was perfectly hospitable. No problems whatsoever. The Inn is located on the edge of a shopping plaza anchored by one of the largest WalMarts I've ever seen, right off of I-26 not far from Charleston. Many restaurant, shopping and service options dot the highway leading into to Summerville proper, not more than two miles away. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Pretty much any room will do... depending on your neighbors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stay at this hotel one night each month. In April of this year A high school group was also in this hotel. I had a very difficult night and complained to the staff on a number of occasions. The following morning I was unable to each breakfast because of the 100+ kids in line making waffles at 2:30 each. I asked the morning staff to have a manager contact me when possible. On my May trip I again reminded the staff that I was still waiting for a return call. June .. no call, July .. No Call I did not stay during the month of August. Today I arrive at the hotel determined to resolve the April Issues. The Manager and the Property Management Company representive listened and were aware of the April episode. To my disbelief, They did not take any responcibility for the "guests" actions. They offered me a "Friends & Family" discount of 10%. I was thinking that they should have a "Customer Service Problems" Discount would be more appropriate. I will not stay at this hotel in the future. I'm a Choice Privaleges Member and am rethinking my relationship.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Summerville hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As compared to other Comfort Suites I'd have to rate this as a little below average. Quick friendly check in. Room was clean and comfortable but a couple of patch jobs on the walls were poorly done. Picture quality on the TV wasn't all that great. Wi-Fi signal was so bad I had to sit in the rolling desk chair at the door to get a signal on my ipad. Front desk told me that was unusual so maybe it was just a temporary problem with the router. Thin walls, alarm clock in the room next door woke me up at zero dark thirty. Most Comfort Suites have breakfast out until 9:30, this one ends at 9. Went to their business center with a PDF on a thumb drive so I could print it. The PC is locked in a cabinet so no access to a usb port. Had to go back to my room, email the file to my personal email so I could go back to their business center and print it. Locking up the PC makes a lot of sense but for $15 they could buy a usb hub and put it on the desk. Overall, not a terrible stay but they need to do some improvements. I'll probably give them another try next time I'm in Summerville though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business