“Delicious food for all ages”
Review of Mooses BBQ - CLOSED

Mooses BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Delicious food for all ages”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My family loves having the delicious food after church. Plenty of choices of vegetables and meat. Brisket is top notch. Staff friendly. No frills in decor but gladly have the time put into the BBQ. My kids love it too.

• Visited August 2013

Summerville, SC
“"Smoked" does not always mean "good".”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I decided to try this place out, as we have a number of BBQ places in Summerville that are pretty good. The insides are very dull and lackluster, with absolutely no decorating. Yeah, it is a BBQ, but the tables are dark to begin with. You pay in advance, which is typical, but then you notice the price. Higher than any place else in the area. It is $12.50 after tax, per person. The buffet is a typical one, with fried okra, mac and cheese, beans, etc.. The hash is very interesting. Thick and made with mystery meats. Kinda sits on top of the rice but does not mix well. Oh, and they have catfish and smoked chicken in the buffet. What I really wanted was to try the BBQ. They have some choices...ready pulled with some flavor, some with no added flavor, a beef brisket, and pork tenderloin. There is a choice of sauces at the end. The table I chose was not cleaned off, so I took a napkin and brushed off the residual rice and sauce from the previous customer, despite a young lady with a bar rag walking around clearing off the tables. I took a bit of time to go through the line after selecting my seat and going to get my iced tea, yet it was not cleaned off at any time. . The thing I noticed was that all the meats, except for the fried catfish, were very dry. Even the brisket. You can't just smoke a meat and expect it to be good. You need to baste it with something during the cooking process. The pork was......well...just BBQ. . I had a piece of a cherry cake which was OK. I noticed there was something mentioned at the cash register that they have a new name and management. I hope they try some of their food and make some changes. Being the most expensive in town does not mean the best.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank alocalSummervilleSC
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Moose's BBQ Does It Right”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Totally worth the extra 5 minutes to get to from I26. I was a SC master BBQ judge and have tasted lots of outstanding and unfortunately mediocre BBQ. You know from the smell when you walk in that good things could be waiting. This is a BBQ buffet, so there were plenty of the usual sides. All pretty good. But the star of the show was the beef brisket. Oh, the pulled pork was very good, but the brisket, carved as we waited, was outstanding. my wife starting asking early if I thought they sold it to go. They do! We are looking forward to visiting Moose's again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Oburgtravler
Charleston, South Carolina
“BEST BBQ In the Entire Charleston SC Region!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This low key barbecue restaurant is first rate. Why? Because this man KNOWS how to make authentic, pit cooked barbecue. We eat BBQ whenever we travel. Always have to try the local bbq eateries. This one is really delicious. Their side dishes are wonderful but most importantly, as any bbq devotee can tell you it's all about the smoked bbq and they use real hickory wood here. Don't be fooled by the humble exterior and interior. The food is truly delicious.

• Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“The best brisket”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Don't go anywhere else, this is the best BBQ you can get. Anywhere. The brisket in particular is unbelievable. The food truck sells the same great tasting food so don't miss that either! Hard working people making damn good food.

• Visited July 2013