“Excellent, awesome burger!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent, awesome burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I have eaten hamburgers from Louis' Lunch in CT. Jud's in ID, The Cozy Inn in KS plus I have tried the burgers at all 10 of the hamburger restaurants that are listed in Southern Living magazine as South Carolina's top 10 and Matt burgers stand up to them all! simply said, I loved my burger experience at Matt's.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Anderson, South Carolina
“Just your average burger”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Let me start by saying, this little small restaurant is located on the 2nd road back from Main street Summerville (downtown). And its very small, and easy to over look. Not the most pleasant place from the street's view ,and very little parking. When you get inside, there is also very little seating as well.
The place specializes in Burgers, so there's not much else..ala; MATT's BURGERS.
Seeing this was our first time, we asked the waitress if the patties were of descent size. Of Course she said they were (Guys, they're NOT- get a DOUBLE***) The Burgers are pretty good, but they were alil small for my liking. And I'm not a huge guy.
I guess the reason I give it a low rating, is all things intended and nothing separates it from any other burger joint. You're better off trying your average fast food drive- through. Anyways, hope this helps.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Myers, Florida
“Matt's Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I found this place on Trip Advisor and had been craving a burger so I wanted to check it out, My friend ordered the frito pie (I think that was the name of it) and I got a mushroom burger on texas toast, came with cole slaw, and I also ordered side of cheesy fries, and 2 teas came to 25 bucks. Decent on the price for sure. Everything was really yummy, I loved that they had Texas Petes hot sauce on the table!!! In all honesty I've had better fries, but they weren't terrible. I love supporting locally owned business and this place certainly is a place you should visit in summerville! I'm excited to try other menu items next time! Oh yes, this is a small resturant so I can see how seating can be an issue (as previously stated in other comments) but it is what it is....

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“I can't believe this is #1 in my hometown”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I don't normally post reviews. But when I see Matt's showing as the #1 restaurant in the town I live in, I have to speak up. We've been there three time. First time, thr burgers were extremely salty, but the prices were fair and the service was good.

Last two times, however, food is the same. Very salty burgers, but the staff was horrible. We were in the restaurant around 1pm on weekdays with only one or two other tables and the three waitresses working couldn't keep up with us because they were too busy laughing and fooling around with th kitchen staff. Both visits I've gotten up and refilled our own beverages because after the food was delivered to our table, the server disappeared until it was time to pay.

It's a shame visitors to Summerville will see Matt's ranked this highly and likely will leave disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Matt's Is The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I love going to Matt's and having either the bacon cheeseburger or their sausage dog, always with a 1/2 order of chili cheese fries!

• Visited March 2013